Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, to return this to a lighter, less grim note I've been reading "Uncompromising Honor" by David Weber.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

• The Columbia Accident Investigation Board Report.

Comment

• Picked up the latest Bernard Cornwell's book about the Uhtred saga "War of the Wolf".

As always, it was a quite interesting read. IMO it is possibly one of Cornwell's better writing - Great story.

Comment

• Did you mail order or find it at a book store?

Pruitt
          Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• I found Cornwell's War of the Wolf in the book store.

Comment

• ''The Gliders' by Alan Lloyd

I neat book that I found in a used book store. I good read if you are curious about gliders use in WW2. The book focuses more on the British Glider Pilot Regiment in Western Europe, but does provide some coverage of German and American use of gliders, and about their use in Burma.

The major flaw with the book is that sometimes the author jumps from one story to the next, in the same page, without a logical flow - Flying a Horsa glider over Normandy and then jumping without explanation to landing a Waco in Burma!!

I also found time to read Chris Ryan's ''Strike Back''...

Those who read my past critics know that I find Chris Ryan's novels quite disappointing as I feel the author sometimes does not do his homework (driving and fighting from a tank with a one-man crew, comes to mind), but Strike Back was a entertaining read. I was not going to read Ryan books anymore because of my past disappointment, but ''Strike Back'' was accumulating dust at home and figure I read it while waiting for my next Amazon order...Hmm! after reading Strike Back, I may give Ryan another chance as an author!
              Last edited by Capt AFB; 08 Nov 18, 16:03.

Comment

• This book is quite a fun read.
                Germania: In Wayward Pursuit of the Germans and Their History by Simon Winder.

I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• I am almost finished with War of the Wolf.

Pruitt

Comment

• I'm into the 7th book of James L. Nelson's novels of Viking Age (825 A.D.) Ireland. The battle descriptions, plot line, character's adventures, and smooth, fast narrative reminds me of Cornwell's "Sharpe's Rifles" series.

The first novel title is "Fin Gall" (Light Strangers) which is Gaelic for Norwegian vikings (Dubh Gall (Dark Strangers) is Danes). Recommend reading books in order based on character development and characters that come and stay, as well as the villains who come and go.

Great escape reading, can't put them down, and I'm losing sleep.
                    Last edited by R.N. Armstrong; 08 Nov 18, 08:40.
                    Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• I have started the series, but I have lost a bit of interest in these books. The first few were good, maybe I have read a poor one?

Pruitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X