This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMax View Post
    Dark Invasion by Howard Blum. It’s about Imperial Germany’s sabotage campaign in America during World War One and how until the declaration of war the NYPD’s bomb squad was the only force trying to stop it.
    That sounds quite intriguing but with just those details I'm not able to tell: fact or fiction based on facts?
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Sennef View Post
      That sounds quite intriguing but with just those details I'm not able to tell: fact or fiction based on facts?

It's all true.

Comment

• Hi

Currently reading Arnold Offner's challenging tome, American Appeasement (United States Foreign Policy & Germany 1933-1938) published by Harvard UP 1969.

The US Government and by extension its people (along with many other countries) were willing to do anything (and by that I mean 'nothing') to prevent another world war.

Regards
        Attached Files
        "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

• The Berlin Police Force in the Weimar Republic by Hsi-huey Liang. Interesting look at the fighting between Red and Brown from the group charged with maintaining the peace in Weimar Berlin.

Comment

• Combat Doctor

Interesting view of life in the surgical hospital at Kandahar airfield. It is certainly no MASH.

Comment

• about to start reading the Art of War by Sun Tzu

Comment

• Tank War on the Eastern Front 1941 - 1942: Schwerpunkt

Comment

• The Next Decade,
                  By George Friedman
                  http://www.amazon.com/The-Next-Decad.../dp/B004DEPF1S
                  Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Rereading:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Bayonets For Hire: Mercenaries At War 1550-1789 by William Urban.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Attack on Pearl Harbor: Strategy, Combat, Myths, Deceptions
                        by Alan Zimm (Author)

I've never seen a study like this on Pearl. Hardcores only, please.
                        Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
                        Hyperwar, Whats New
                        World War II Resources
                        The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                          Bayonets For Hire: Mercenaries At War 1550-1789 by William Urban.
                          How is the book? I enjoyed his book on the Teutonic Knights and have wanted to read his two books on the European mercenary but his book on Medieval Mercenaries got savage reviews. I could only find one review on this book on amazon.
                          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                            How is the book? I enjoyed his book on the Teutonic Knights and have wanted to read his two books on the European mercenary but his book on Medieval Mercenaries got savage reviews. I could only find one review on this book on amazon.
                            I'm about 100 pages in and I'm enjoying it so far. Goes into a lot of detail about wars I've never even heard of.

I haven't read it but if you liked his other book you'll probably like this one.
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Nothing really new is contained, but appears to be an accurate and fair appraisal of the 21st Army Group so far.
                              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• and for lights;

------
                                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X