This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Muslim

The First Muslim, The Story of Muhammad by Lesley Hazleton.

So far I find it a very unbiased (no hidden agenda pro or contra), well researched and thrillingly told story
    BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Reading the backstory to Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, Earth Unaware. A very good book. I am gonna look for the next in this trilogy? Earth Afire. Anyone interested in the first contact with the Formics went down should read it. I guess theres a comic book series to go along with it.

Also read the The Art of Loving, by Erich Fromm. It's so simple yet so hard to really love someone and yourself on a mature and deeper level than most of us don't realize we can.
      The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• I am reading Targets by Donald E. McQuinn a vietnam war novel. It is pretty good fiction..

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

• We have 3 dachshunds ourselves so this really hits home.

Funny, touching and sad and extremely well-written story about how 3 dogs help a man and his family cope with everyday life. Can't recommend it enough.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• The Battle of Midway by Symonds (excellent book)
              The miracle at Midway By prauge

The miracle at Midway (can't remember the author, but the worst read of the lot)
              The Unknown Battle of Midway: The Destruction of the American Torpedo Squadrons By Alvin Kerna
              very good read it shows how the American planes and torpedoes were outclassed by the Japanese weapons of that time

Last night I started Shattered Sword by Parshall
              this one is from the Japanese perspective
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Now I am reading

Seven Firefights in Vietnam

by John A. Cash John Albright and Allan W. Sandstrum

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

• Just arrived today along with

Comment

• War on the Run: The Epic Story of Robert Rogers and the Conquest of America's First Frontier by John F. Ross.

Good read.
                    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Mistress of the Monarchy..The Life of Katherine Swynford, Duchess of Lancaster by Alison Weir
                      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Operation Salam book

Kuno Gross and his team have done a number of extremely well researched and produced books on the "deep desert" operations of WW2.

Highly recommended for the appendices alone!

Comment

• Очерки к истории Освободительного Движения Народов России, Ю. Торвальд.
                          [Outlines for a history of the Liberation Movement of the Peoples of Russia, Jürgen Thorwald

Last edited by Skoblin; 08 Aug 13, 05:22.

Comment

• Another dog story for me. A novel written from the dog's viewpoint. Very good book. Gotta take a break from war, soldiers, and history every now and then.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I am reading Inferno world at war 1939-1945, its pretty good, one of the best books on WW2.

"With foxes we must play the fox."
                              -Thomas Fuller

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X