• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Field Marshal.

http://www.amazon.com/Marshal-Strugg.../dp/B00BG7769O

81VUIsi2ZQL__SL1500_.jpg

Currently free!
    Last edited by Rob Munch; 30 Apr 13, 04:00.

Comment

• "The Race" by Clive Cusslar. I've been getting into alot of "Issac Bell" novels as of late. Can't put them down.
      Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

• After reading historical fiction for about the last 6 months I'm going for a change of pace with Fire in the Sky: The Air War in the South Pacific by Eric Bergerud. It is extensive and well written.
        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lance Williams View Post
          After reading historical fiction for about the last 6 months I'm going for a change of pace with Fire in the Sky: The Air War in the South Pacific by Eric Bergerud. It is extensive and well written.
          Excellent book.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by CAPT. JOE View Post
            "The Race" by Clive Cusslar. I've been getting into alot of "Issac Bell" novels as of late. Can't put them down.
            Nice one I really liked the Spy - We don't have enough Isaac Bell type heroes these days.
            ------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Just finished Grant and Sherman: The Friendship that Won the Civil War by Charles Bracelen Flood

That very good book got me interested in Mrs. Grantís story. Fortunately my library had The General's Wife; the Life of Mrs. Ulysses S. Grant by Ishbel Ross so I am just starting it out.
              Homo homini lupus

Comment

• Originally posted by Selous View Post
                Nice one I really liked the Spy - We don't have enough Isaac Bell type heroes these days.
                The Spy was the one that got me hooked. I'm going to read "The Thief" next.
                Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

• In terms of historical literature, World War I: The African Front by Edward Paice. It's good in the limited scope that the author clearly intended, but I would have liked it better if it had gone into more detail regarding military action outside of the East-African theater. Lettow-Vorbeck is cool and all, but as it is it's not so much about The African Front but a front of The African Front.

In terms of fiction, I've been reading The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. My first thought upon reading it was that it was basically just a less interesting version of Antic Hay by Aldous Huxley, but once they get to Spain it starts panning out. It's not my favorite Hemingway book, but I think I enjoyed it for what it was.
                  "Who will remember, passing through this Gate,
                  The unheroic Dead who fed the guns?"

-Siegfried Sassoon

Fervently pro-Islam. No opinion on football. Ambivalent about Obama.

Comment

• When I went with my cousin the other day, I stopped in a new library for me, and bought a passel of Ken Follett novels, and one I can't wait to dig into(yeah, all large print) The Machiavelli Covenant by Allan Folsom.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Machiavelli-Co...der_B001G7R87Y
                    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I am currently reading volume three of the trilogy about Sir Winston Churchill "The Last Lion Defender of the Realm" It is one great book and a really well researched book. I've waited a long time to read it.
                      "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

• The War that Made America by Fred Anderson
                        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Bending Toward Justice: The Voting Rights Act and the Transformation of American Democracy by Gary May
                          Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

• My copy of the historical novel Hell or Richmond by Ralph Peters arrived today. I'll be starting it tonight.
                            You don't scare me. I married a redhead.

My Blog

Comment

• Just finished Tooze, good book .
                              Wack tac mac hey.
                              Regards.
                              Grishnak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                                The War that Made America by Fred Anderson
                                Is that the "condensed" version of "Crucible Of War" by him? About the French And Indian War? If it is, you won't be disappointed. "Crucible Of War"
                                is one of the best history books I've ever read no matter the time period. Fred Anderson knows his sh!t!
                                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X