This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Soon I am expecting Peter Englund's " The battle that shook Europe - Poltava and the birth of the Russian empire". Any reviews, comments or impressions?

Time is inside of us and we are inside time. It turns us and we turn It.
      Vasil Levski

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...91#post2139891

Comment

• Now I am reading the 3'rd volume of tactical studies prepared by the rotmistrz [ger. Rittmeister] of the 12'th uhlan regiment Mieczyslaw Biernacki, Actions of the Budionny Horse Army from 26 V to 20 VI 1920, Warsaw 1924.

Great book, with lot's of useful maps, and OdB. Also great knowledge about the 'Bolshevik's' cavalry tactics.

And afterwards I must say that at first large engagement, Polish troops of 13'th Infantry Division at Dziunkow defence position, beat nicely 11 Cavalry Division of the Horse Army.

Comment

• The Ante-Nicene Fathers. Volume I. Apostolic Fathers with Justin Martyr and Irenaeus

Comment

• Just finished The Korean War by Max Hastings, now getting started on The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam.
            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
              The Coldest Winter by David Halberstam.
              Please tell us what you thought when (if) you finish it. I read it awhile back and I had rather strong feelings at the time.
              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• These...
                Attached Files
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Mann III View Post
                  These...
                  let me know if any of them have happy endings..........

Comment

• Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                    let me know if any of them have happy endings..........
                    Spoiler alert: The Hippies ruin it for everybody else.
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                      Please tell us what you thought when (if) you finish it. I read it awhile back and I had rather strong feelings at the time.
                      Yeah? What didn't you like about it?
                      You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
                        Yeah? What didn't you like about it?
                        I don't want to influence you. Maybe your thoughts will be different than mine. I'll be more than willing to discuss it when you're done, though.
                        ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• The Arrow Of Time: A Voyage Through Science To Solve Time's Greatest Mystery

Comment

• I am currently re-reading Decision in the West by Albert Castel. I read it several years ago and I would like to brush up on my Atlanta Campaign knowledge.
                            You don't scare me. I married a redhead.

My Blog

Comment

• Another re-reading here as well while waiting on my latest orders of ACW books to arrive. (this might actually be a re-re-reading)

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• That is a good book and well worth the re-re-reading!
                                You don't scare me. I married a redhead.

My Blog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X