X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished "Hitler Youth Growing up in
    Hitlers Shadow" by Susan Bartoletti.

Here is a quote from the last page " In October 1932, when Adolf Hitler praised the Hitler youth for their loyalty, bravery, and readiness to create a new Germany , he asked them, "What can happen to a people whose youth sacrifices everything in order to serve its great ideals?" On that day, no one could have predicted the answer to that question. No one could have predicted the extent and degree to which a person such as Adolf Hitler could exploit the idealism of children and teenagers. Sixty years have passed since the bloodiest war in history ended. Some people wonder : could another despot like Hitler rise to power on the shoulders of young people? Only young people today can answer that question. What are you willing to do to prevent such a shadow from falling over you and others?"

Comment

• Volume 1
      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Now under the magnifier-Stranger In A Strange Land.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Penthouse forum oh wait a minute whew ok yeah I'm back smoke anybody?

Comment

• American Courage, American Carnage by John McManus.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Российская контр-революция в 1917-1918 гг, Головин, Николай Николаевич (генерал)
                The Russian Counter-Revolution 1917-1918, Golovin, Nikolai Nikolaevich

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                  "Smersh: Stalin's Secret Weapon, Soviet Military Counterintelligence in WWII" by Vadim Birstein.

http://www.amazon.com/Smersh-Stalins...eywords=Smersh
                  That one looks cool....

Fred
                  Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                  River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

• Certain to Win: The Strategy of John Boyd, Applied to Business

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Comment

• 'The Second World War' by Antony Beevor. always great insights. He's no fan of Monty, quotes Alan Brooke a lot. Interesting insights on the Pacific War - Japanese institutionalised canabilism, that the US put most of its efforts into the Pacific at the beginning Despite 'Germany First' and that Australia had itself to blame, not the Brits, for being unprepared when the Japanese attacked south.
                        Last edited by GCoyote; 14 Mar 13, 11:35. Reason: removed some line breaks to make it readable

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Munch View Post
                          'The Second World War' by Antony Beevor. always great insights. He's no fan of Monty, quotes Alan Brooke a lot. Interesting insights on the Pacific War - Japanese institutionalised canabilism, that the US put most of its efforts into the Pacific at the begi
                          nning Despite 'Germany First' and that Au
                          stralia had itself to blame, not the Brits, for being unprepared when the Japanese attacked south.
                          Aah, Beevor - sounds like a true Brit - always blaming everybody else. Especially when they themselves has led the other party on.....

Fred
                          Saving MacArthur - a book series - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ies_rw_dp_labf
                          River Wide, Ocean Deep - Operation Sealion - https://www.amazon.com/product-revie...owViewpoints=1

Comment

• Still working my way through Les Mes, it is close to 1000 pages. I just finished I think 12 chapters detailing the Battle of Waterloo. I have almost no knowledge of warfare during this time so it was hard to keep up with all that was going on since it really had very little to do with advancing the plot of the book. It did make me very interested in learning about Napoleonic warfare. Anyone know of a quick primer on Waterloo or Napoleonic warfare, even a website? With all said tht being this is a very powerful novel, well and quite moving, I also recommend the movie.
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                            John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Shifted to modern fiction this week. Impact, by Douglas Preston.

Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War

...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X