Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Beck's "Agenda 21" Reads an awful lot like the manuscript I wrote in 92 to 98 on what life would be like in the Panic Society only much darker and primitive.

Sample text of Panic Society housing attached as a pdf. A much more pleasant place to live then the dirty mat, dirt floor, no lights after dark, food cubes, and water rations of Agenda 21. Still, a life just as intrusive and micromanaged as ever.
    Last edited by SRV Ron; 13 Jul 17, 05:49.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

• Tired of getting my butt handed to me in chess so I have recently read three chess books. I understand the game much better now, but still have a long way to go. Have been playing against my ten year old son.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      John Adams, 1770

Comment

• I picked this up today

Comment

• Started this earlier but never finished it:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• The Absence of Grand Strategy: The United States in the Persian Gulf, 1972-2005 by Steve A. Yetiv.
            ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Still reading Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich.
              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• I picked up and read this book in the last 48hrs

It is so very very real. funny and shocking about life as a prison officer in the UK

... .... .. -

Comment

• Because of the Longstreet court martial thread in the American Civil War forum, rereading this:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I just finished HW Brands The Man who Saved the Union his new biography of Ulysses Grant and it is a good and informative read. I learned some new things about Grant, such as, when he was sent to the Pacific Coast after the Mexican War that he thought the Oregon territory was some of the best country on earth and he told his family that he was going to bring them out to live there permanently as soon he earned the money. So if Grant had had some luck 1861 might have found him a prosperous farmer in Oregon with little interest going east to fight.

Grant was also seriously concerned with the civil rights of blacks while president and wanted much fairer dealings with the Indians. And he was one of the first to identify the bullshit bomb that was the “Lost Cause”. I recommend this book especially for learning about US Grant’s pre and post Civil War life.

Comment

• Well currently I'm reading "The War that Came Early' by Harry Turtledove.

Comment

• Started Crusade, the second book in Taylor Anderson's Destroyermen series.
                        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                          I am feeling very pleased with myself because I've finally finished Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace,

What an author !

Flushed with success I've now embarked upon Anna Karenina
                          I'm in a very Russian mood these weeks.
                          I read the same books but I try to read them simulatenously
                          Must be the cold December weather and the long evenings.
                          BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Berlin Diary - William Shirer.

Having read a substantial number of WW2 books from soup to nuts over the years like a lot of us, I have a pretty solid handle on events, their time line and the various rationale behind them per various views. With in mind, it's fascinating to read Shirer's real time diary where you can appreciate his response to events within his context at the time....and you already know the nuances of the "real" story 70 years later!
                            I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• Got five days to pound down the last 700 pages just in case I need to see the movie on release. Getting the coffee warmed up.
                              Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
                              And sorry I could not travel both
                              And be one traveler, long I stood
                              Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
                              I took the one less traveled by,
                              And that has made all the difference.

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X