Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriot Battles: How The War of Independence Was Fought by Michael Stephenson.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Finished volume 2/3 the other day. I must say, I've grown to at least appreciate the book. It's not my cup of tea, but I can at least appreciate the devices, style, etc.
        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Excellent choice Robbie. I love it and I own it. Magnusson's books are terrific.

Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
          I am about to start "SCOTLAND..The Story of a Nation" by Magnus Magnusson and it is one I read a long time ago and I am going to do it again
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm about to finish The Ballad Of Frankie Silver, and it is an intense book at times. But very good. The narrative of Appalachia(my home) is very good also.

Comment

• Finally finished Into the Storm, the first book of the "Destroyermen" series by Taylor Anderson. Quite good. I've just started Book Two: Crusade.

-Matt
              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• I've been interested in cinema and film lately. My newest read is Martin Scorsese from Twayne's Filmmakers Series by Les Keyser.
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• On my Shakespeare kick... MacBeth and Twelfth Night (very easy read as far as Shakespeare goes). Almost finished with Undaunted Courage (Lewis and Clark) tremendous book. Will likely start A Midsummer's Night Dream soon.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                  John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Theodore Rex, a biography of Roosvelt whilst in office, I'm hoping to get the other two volumes which show his pre and post office career; every bit as colourful.

Whilst looking for the above image of the book cover I discovered there had been a film called Theodore Rex starring Whoopee Goldberg as a tough futuristic cop opposite a man in a Tyrannosaurus costume. It was a sci-fi buddy cop movie in which talking prehistoric megafauna are being killed off and the unlikely duo get paired together to solve the crime. Calamity no doubt ensued with high jinks all round. Did anyone see it? was it as brain-meltingly bad as it sounds?
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Selous View Post

Theodore Rex, a biography of Roosvelt whilst in office, I'm hoping to get the other two volumes which show his pre and post office career; every bit as colourful.

Whilst looking for the above image of the book cover I discovered there had been a film called Theodore Rex starring Whoopee Goldberg as a tough futuristic cop opposite a man in a Tyrannosaurus costume. It was a sci-fi buddy cop movie in which talking prehistoric megafauna are being killed off and the unlikely duo get paired together to solve the crime. Calamity no doubt ensued with high jinks all round. Did anyone see it? was it as brain-meltingly bad as it sounds?
                      You should read Rough Riders, his biography during Cuba, very well done. The movie by the same title is also very well done.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                      John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Finally finished Undaunted Courage. Well done, however a very sad ending to a phenomenal young man.
                        John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Sergio Leone: Something To Do With Death By Christopher Frayling
                          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• The Great War Bow: From Hastings to the Mary Rose
                            By Matthew Strickland

Comment

• I got to find Undaunted Courage.
                              I picked up my cousin's copy of The Killer Angels. I haven't read it since I've been sober. I want to absorb it into my brain, not forget parts. Some it looks like I've never seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                                I picked up my cousin's copy of The Killer Angels. I haven't read it since I've been sober. I want to absorb it into my brain, not forget parts. Some it looks like I've never seen.
                                I think I started reading a bit of Killer Angels when I was littler. Not sure I could fully grasp the situation though, so I stopped. It's a gigantic book if I remember, too.
                                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X