Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Easy Day sold 253,000 copies in its first week on sale at outlets tracked by Nielsen BookScan. The numbers were more than enough to place it at #1 on the overall bestsellers list--it sold nearly three times as many copies as Fifty Shades of Grey, the #2 overall book with 86,000 copies sold. No Easy Day's #1 ranking makes it the first time since the week ending April 22 that E.L. James's book was not #1.
    That is from the publisher's weekly web site. Good to see that there is still a lot of interest in military subjects out there, and I wish "Mark Owen" lots of luck. Eric Haney parleyed his career in Delta into a successful career as a writer, first of non-fiction (with some disputes) and then into fiction that ended up spawning a TV series. The SEALs too deserve their moment in the sun. Well done!
    dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

• Originally posted by lirelou View Post
      Eric Haney parleyed his career in Delta into a successful career as a writer, first of non-fiction (with some disputes) and then into fiction that ended up spawning a TV series.
      Hasn't he been somewhat ostracized by the Delta community though? At least that's the impression I had.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Lucky, Yes, Eric has been roundly criticized within the Delta community for his book. I served in Panama with Haney, and have a good deal of respect for him. I never served in Delta, but I do know some of the Delta personnel who have taken issue with Haney's version of some events, and I also hold them in high respect. It is what it is, and Eric Haney was one hell of a fine soldier. And he certainly knows far more about getting a book published and sold than I've learned to date. So I have great respect for both his military and civilian careers.
        dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mi một lưỡi gươm, Những loi gi o ti cơm s g!

Comment

• The War That Killed Achilles

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/books/14garner.html

For an academic I actually find her writing quite enjoyable.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• General James Longstreet: The South's Most Controversial Soldier by Jeffry Wert. I'm about a third of the way through and definitely enjoying the book.
            I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
            And the second?
            Always have an escape plan.
            -Q

Comment

• About 55% the way through Into the Storm by Taylor Anderson. Good book.

-Matt
              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• The Power of Myth, Joseph Campbell as told to Bill Moyers.
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• 1862 by Robert Conroy
                    Skip

Comment

• "The Battle of Hastings" by Jim Bradbury.

Comment

• Scouting on Two Continents,

I'd recommend it to anyone. It's the memoires of Major F.R. Burnham, DSO (Also VC nominated but couldn't accept) who began his career in the cattle feuds of Arizona and Indian fighting, scouting in Mexico and California too, ends up in the Matabeli and Boer Wars. Great bloke, great read.

------
                        'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Hopefully I'll have time to start this this weekend. It looks very intersting.

"Argo: How the CIA and Hollywood Pulled Off the Most Audacious Rescue in History " by Antonio Mendez and Matt Baglio. It's about 6 hostages who were rescued during the Iranian Hostage Crisis.

http://www.amazon.com/Argo-Hollywood...&keywords=Argo

Comment

• I'm reading a book I purchased at auction. Got 2. Both up WWIIWWIpilot's alley. I plan on giving them to him.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X