Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am usually reading more than one book at once.

I am on the first volume of Shelby Foote's 'The Civil War: A Narrative' and am also reading 'The Yiddish Policeman's Union'. Both are excellent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
      Into the Storm, Book One of Taylor Anderson's Destroyermen series.

-Matt
      Let me know your thoughts on that. I've been eyeing that series for some time.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Legate usually knows what I like. What sounds good? I heard Bernard Cornwell has a new Uhtred book out. It is bad when I'm reading a quasi-mystery-historical book and liking it.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I plan on visiting the battlefield during our fall break. I had a relative engaged in the battle with the 31st Wisconsin, so I wanted to get an understanding of the battle before my visit.

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
            Let me know your thoughts on that. I've been eyeing that series for some time.
            Thus far, it's not too bad. The sci-fi portion of it's not too hard to figure out, and since I bought the first five books in the series (in paperback; #6 comes out in paperback Oct. 2, and #7 was published in hardback in July), I can take my time and read it slowly.

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
              Legate usually knows what I like. What sounds good? I heard Bernard Cornwell has a new Uhtred book out. It is bad when I'm reading a quasi-mystery-historical book and liking it.
              I am addicted to his Sharpe's Rifles series. I read them at least once a year

Comment

• I haven't yet. Maybe I should. I'm just stuck in the further ancient period. Thanks for the info.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Finally getting around to finishing this:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                    Legate usually knows what I like. What sounds good? I heard Bernard Cornwell has a new Uhtred book out. It is bad when I'm reading a quasi-mystery-historical book and liking it.
                    The Uthred series is pretty good. Probably about as good as his Sharpe series.
                    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I am goin g to attempt to "listen" to War & Peace on my iPod. Its running time is around 62 hours

Comment

• On Thin Ice: Breakdowns, Whiteouts, and Survival on the World's Deadliest Roads by Hugh Rowland of Ice Road Truckers fame. Didn't even know he'd written a book; apparently fellow IRT driver Alex Debogorski also wrote one.

-Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                          On Thin Ice: Breakdowns, Whiteouts, and Survival on the World's Deadliest Roads by Hugh Rowland of Ice Road Truckers fame. Didn't even know he'd written a book; apparently fellow IRT driver Alex Debogorski also wrote one.

-Matt
                          I like Alex over Hugh. Hugh has a holier than thou attitude and Alex is very humble. I can relate to Alex more

Comment

• Alex is my favorite too...although I gotta admit, I also have a partiality for Lisa Kelly...

-Matt

Comment

• Im surprised they didnt put her on this season. I was really looking forward to seeing her again

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBubba View Post
                                Im surprised they didnt put her on this season. I was really looking forward to seeing her again
                                I completely agree...I was so bummed she wasn't on there this year. I think she wasn't on because she was having migraines or something. It was nice to see Jack Jesse back, and Ray Villeaux's last-minute appearance was a nice surprise as well.

-Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X