X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Selous View Post
    and I'm going to have a gander at Learning to Eat Soup With a Knife again
    Just finished yesterday, and we'll discuss soon.
    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Dad is making me read From Sea To Shining Sea. By James Alexander Thom.
      Gary Johnson/Jim Gray 2012

Comment

• Continuing in a religious vein:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I've been on a big Age of Sail rampage. I finished the O'Brien Aubrey/Maturin series and the Lambdin Lewrie series, and I'm 1/2 way thru the Kent Bolitho series. Stockwin's Kydd series is next on my list. So far I've enjoyed them all, but I think I like the sometimes R-rated Alan Lewrie stories the best.
          Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by georgia.rebel View Post
            Dad is making me read From Sea To Shining Sea. By James Alexander Thom.
            Thom's "Panther in the Sky" about Tecumseh, and "Follow the River" about Mary Draper Ingles capture and escape aren't bad reads either.
            Lance W.

Comment

• He has me reading Follow The River,and our son Tyler reading Longknife. He said if you want to know more about our history,read these. He's a George Rogers Clark fanatic.
              11 Years To The Only Man I've Ever Loved. 11 Years,and still going strong. :)

Comment

• Topgun On Wall Street by Jeffery Lay
                Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                  Good book.

One question though, the cover has as a subtitle, "The End Of The Imperial Japanese Empire". Isn't that a little redundant?
                  Excellent book. After reading this book there should be no doubts that the U.S. took the right course in dropping atomic weapons.
                  "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

• Originally posted by calliope View Post
                    He has me reading Follow The River,and our son Tyler reading Longknife. He said if you want to know more about our history,read these. He's a George Rogers Clark fanatic.
                    My ancestor was Clark's chief scout on two of his campaigns. Clark was in many ways a self promoting land speculator who died pennyless........
                    Lance W.

Comment

• Saving The Breakout: The 30th Division's Heroic Stand at Mortain, August 7-12, 1944 by Alwyn Featherston.
                      The People's Tycoon: Henry Ford and the American Century by Steven Watts.
                      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I am reading The Tristan Betrayal by Robert Ludlum and so far tis a pretty good read. It centers around Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union right after the signing of the Nazi-Soviet Non-Agression Pact
                        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Re-reading:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Повести покойного Ивана Петровича Белкина, Алексаaндр Пушкин
                            Tales of the late Ivan Petrovich Belkin, Aleksandr Pushkin

Comment

• Procopius' Secret History.

It's a hoot.
                              I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

• Undaunted Courage by ambrose.

About Lewis and Clark. Very good read so far.
                                Last edited by modelsinchina; 16 Aug 12, 21:12.
                                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                                John Adams, 1770

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X