Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life in a Medieval Castle, by Joseph and Frances Gies.

Comment

• Ian Slater’s WWIII. Lots of nomenclature and historical errors but fast paced and entertaining.

Comment

• The boys brought their dad David McCullough's 1776 today. He has his nose in it now.
        11 Years To The Only Man I've Ever Loved. 11 Years,and still going strong. :)

Comment

• Hell In The Holy Land: World War I In The Middle East by David R. Woodward and Learning To Eat Soup With A Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam by John A. Nagl.
          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
            Learning To Eat Soup With A Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam by John A. Nagl.

----

Queen Victoria's Little Wars
            And I'm re-reading;
            Flashman at the Charge
            and I'm going to have a gander at Learning to Eat Soup With a Knife again
            ------
            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Yep,he's enjoying that 1776,when he has time off from therapy. I reckon he'll take it with him to the doctor tomorrow.
              Gary Johnson/Jim Gray 2012

Comment

• currently reading
                Manstein Hitlers Greatest General by Mungo Melvin
                Caesar by Adrian Goldsworthy
                Punic wars by Adrian Goldsworthy
                Gallic wars by Gaius Julius Caesar
                all great books, i highly recommend them for anyone interested in the subjects.
                Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true - Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

• AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                  The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• I am feeling very pleased with myself because I've finally finished Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace,

What an author !

Flushed with success I've now embarked upon Anna Karenina
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Rereading:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• sven hassel's "legion of the damned"

Comment

• Pegasus Bridge.
                          Had it for years and finally got down far enough in the pile to find it.
                          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• The first has a section on Mormonism which is good background for the second:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I am Legend by Richard Matheson.
                              "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-Scale Production by Taiichi Ohno and The Art of Civilized Conversation by Margaret Shepherd.
                                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X