This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross Kemp on Afghanistan

Excellent book, downloading the series, can't wait, highly recommended.
    You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Reading Sharon...pretty good..Hard Measures, sitting on the shelf...
      Attached Files

Comment

• Outlaw Platoon by Sean Panell

Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kendoka Girl View Post
          To Bee or Not to Bee - A story about a bee's spiritual journey.
          Ya know Alice, that's a pretty damn good book. A book that's nice if you see yourself as a spiritial person and even an outstanding read if you're a common dolt like me.
          Skip

Comment

• Michael Korda's Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia.
            ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Seven Pillars of Wisdom: A Triumph by T.E. Lawrence.
              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Just reread Ender's Game by Card, Great book, not sure how well this will translate to the big screen, but Harrison Ford is in it. I also finished "A Short History of World War 2" which is excellent. Many military books are not always well written but this one was very good.
                "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Not War But Murder by Ernest B. Furgurson
                  "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                  -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Currently The Mirror of Worlds, the second volume in The Crown of the Isles trilogy by David Drake. It's just too hot right now for serious reading.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

• Because of being over here so much and looking out for dad I've taken 3 of his books...The Damnation Game by Clive Barker Harvest Home by Thomas Tryon and Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
                      Spurrier got chomped in the swamp. Oh Hell Yeah!

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                          Hey mate, does this mean you'll come and grace us with your presence in the WWI forum?
                          ------
                          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Selous View Post
                            Hey mate, does this mean you'll come and grace us with your presence in the WWI forum?
                            I'm there all the time, I just don't usually post. You guys are far more knowledgeable about WW1 than I am. I enjoy following the debates. There's little I can add.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• City of Big Shoulders: A History of Chicago by Robert G. Spinney and I'm still clawing my way through Lawrence; I forgot what a brick it was!

Comment

• Ron Chernow's Alexander Hamilton
                                I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
                                And the second?
                                Always have an escape plan.
                                -Q

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X