This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got this on kindle.

It's about 350 years old, and very thought provoking. Not an easy read, but the modern version helps a lot. I am thankful for the on-board dictionary in kindle.
    Last edited by modelsinchina; 08 May 12, 01:14.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• In the middle of - The Passage of Power: The Years of Lyndon Johnson The 4th book of Robert Caro's brilliant bio of LBJ. Fabulous.

However I cut it, LBJ is one fascinating personality the good, the bad and the ugly regardless. I did not know the details of nor paid attention to his statements in the ExCom during the Cuban missile crisis....boy howdy, glad he was not the President then.
        Last edited by ktnbs; 08 May 12, 07:21.
        I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• К. А. Войлова, Старославянский язык [Old Church Slavonic]

Comment

• 'The Scramble for Africa: White Man's Conquest of the Dark Continent from 1876 to 1912' by Thomas Pakenham.

Comment

• "Battleground Berlin: CIA vs. KGB in the Cold War" by David Murphy, Sergei Kondrashev and George Bailey.

I hope to start this book this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/Battleground-B...6794672&sr=8-1

Comment

• Still studying my French Revolution books,and I have one on Mary,Queen of Scots. Why do I have that? It is large print.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• "Defeat into victory" by William Slim
                  Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• Rolling Thunder: Understanding Policy and Program Failure by James Clay Thompson
                    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I find it amusing that this thread moves slower than the same thread on the movies place.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                      John Adams, 1770

Comment

• Originally posted by modelsinchina View Post
                        I find it amusing that this thread moves slower than the same thread on the movies place.
                        It didn't use to, but you're right, it is slow moving now.
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• "Pacific Crucible" by Ian W. Toll
                          "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."

-Thomas Jonathan Jackson-

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                            For the 2nd time:

Still slogging through this. I get the gist of it but I guess it would help if I had more than a rudimentary understanding of ecomomics.
                            Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• That is cause I got too many French Revolution books,now I have to go back to the WWI books.
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Shelby Foote's Civil War, Volume 1
                                I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
                                And the second?
                                Always have an escape plan.
                                -Q

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X