Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought 4 or 5 books a complete Sherlock Holmes set. Can't wait for the PBS Sherlock.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Thin Red Line (1962), James Jones
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Diablo you're in the wrong place.

Comment

• When I got home today,I found a box of books on my deck,some French Revolution books I ordered. YUM.

Comment

• "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Just finished Splinter Cell last night.

Starting Black Hawk Down for the second time.

"A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Three Armies on the Somme: The First Battle of the Twentieth Century. by William Philpott

Excellent.
                I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• Just finished Hitlerland by Andrew Nagorski. Good read and well documented. It is a look at what Americans, of all walks of life, living in Germany, thought of Hitler during his rise to power, up to December 1941. Some were close to Hitler professionally and personly, others knew him from afar. Some thought him a messiah and others a joke that the German people would soon tire of laughing at and run out of the country. Give it a read.

Comment

• How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• I started this one as well.

Very interesting read. I did not know it was common for modern warships to intentionally ram u-boats as a common practice, but it seemed to be SOP.
                      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                      John Adams, 1770

Comment

• For the 2nd time:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Destiny Can Wait - The Polish Air Force In World War II

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Just finnished Act Of Valor, couldn't put it down
                            Some days your the bug, some days your the windshield.

Comment

• Secrets of the Tudor Court by D.L. Bogdan
                              "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Three different histories of the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad.
                                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Working...
                                X