This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this at a library sale for $1.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I bought this book a while ago but have put off reading it as I didn't want to have the memory of the other Hitchhiker's books ruined by another authors attempts to emulate the late, great, Douglas Adams. I needn't have worried - it is a lot better than I thought it would be and well worth a read as he captures the spirit of Adams' work perfectly.

HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Currently reading Cicero: The life and times of Rome's greatest politician

Comment

• ..an oldie but a goodie, James Michener's THe Covenant
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• "Spy Master The Definitive Story of Markus Wolf" by Leslie Colitt.

http://www.amazon.com/Spymaster-Real...4276462&sr=8-1

Comment

• Just started this one again - like all of Middlebrook's work it is well worth a read. It took guts to do what the USAAF crews did on these raids and even more guts to keep returning to the fray.

The men of Bomber Command and the USAAF suffered mightily in the cause of freedom, I wonder how many of us would demonstrate such resolve today?
              HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• The 'real' story of the travels of Marco Polo. I'm about 200 pages into the 1276 pages of the book, and I am very impressed so far. Interesting characters, clean writing and marvellous detail. Oh, and lots of sex and violence.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

• Just finished re-reading this:

Now re-reading this:

If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• The Hour of the Dragon by Robert E. Howard.
                    "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• The Two Dianas by Alexandre Dumas..very good read
                      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• On war - Carl von Clausewitz

Time is inside of us and we are inside time. It turns us and we turn It.
                        Vasil Levski

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...91#post2139891

Comment

• In a very suspenseful part of Splinter Cell

"A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I just read "Dead Souls" by Nikolai Gogol
                            "The Korson Pocket" and
                            "Bismark, Final days of Germany's Greatest Battleship"
                            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                            John Adams, 1770

Comment

• I found Gogol's satire quite humorous and insightful.
                              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                              John Adams, 1770

Comment

• "Enemies" A history of the FBI by Tim Weiner..... About the FBI and J.Edgar Hoover...........Interesting and thought provoking.......

Enjoy your "land of the free" lads.... but dont forget to check for wire taps and secret tribunals.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X