Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Антибольшевистское повстанчество в Нижнем Поволжье и на Среднем Дону. 1918-1923 [Anti-Bolshevik Uprising in the Lower Volga and the Middle Don Regions. 1918-1923], V. G. Yashchenko

Comment

• Read an essay called "Thank God for the Atom Bomb" and thought it was very good. Highly recommended.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Having just finished From Sea to Shining Sea,and it was
        TERRIFIC!!!
        Believe it or not,I've never read Catch-22. I bought it at a sale and am going to read it now.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Agent of Destiny: The Life and Times of General Winfield Scott by John S. D. Eisenhower.
          "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

• Филипп Миронов. (Тихий Дон в 1917-1921 гг.) [Filipp Mironov. The Quiet Don 1917-1921]

http://libcom.org/history/mironov-fi...mich-1872-1921

Comment

• Reading three at the moment...

IMPERIALIST JAPAN by Michael Montgomery

PEDDLER OF DEATH. The Life & Times of Sir Bazil Zaharoff by Donald NcCormick

YENAN AND THE GREAT POWERS by James Reardon-Anderson

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• "The Darkening Field" by William Ryan.

http://www.amazon.com/Darkening-Fiel...0481693&sr=8-1

Comment

• Half a wing, three engines and a prayer, and the Korson Pocket.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
                    John Adams, 1770

Comment

• "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• "Archive 17" by Sam Eastland

http://www.amazon.com/Archive-17-A-N...0911448&sr=1-1

Comment

• Doc

Good book...
                          Skip

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde

A most interesting novel, and I enjoy it immensely so far!
                              "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

• The Rise and Fall of the British Empire by Lawrence James, among others I've yet to finish.
                                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X