X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krasniy Terror glazami ochevidtsev [The Red Terror: First-Hand Accounts]

Comment

• Very interesting so far, written by perhaps the world's leading strategy writer, Colin S. Gray
      ------
      'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• I finally got ahold of Inferno by Max Hastings. Entertaining, insightful and fascinating approach to wrapping up his books on WW2.

An excerpt from Lev Grossman's review in Time Entertainment is appropriate....Nov. 9, 2011 ---

It Sucked to Go Through World War II. Inferno Will Remind You Why.

Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2011/1...#ixzz1kLd80ZCP

Thereís no point in trying to summarize Inferno, because itís a book written against summaries. Itís an anti-summary.

The author of Inferno is the journalist and military historian Max Hastings, and its full title is Inferno: The World at War, 1939-1945, though neither of those facts tells you much about whatís special about it.
        I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• Моглинский лагерь: история одной маленькой фабрики смерти [Moglino Camp: The History of One Small Death Factory], Yurii Alekseev

Comment

• I'm reading 3 books at the moment. My son stole Black Echo by Michael Connelly and I thought I'd lost it,I wasn't done reading it. I'm reading From Sea To Shining Sea by James Alexander Thom(I HIGHLY) recommend his books. And a biography of Paul Nicholas,the British actor/singer/entertainer it is an interesting book.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I just started reading 1901 by Robert Conroy...anyone read any of his books?

-Matt
              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Honestly Matt,I've never heard of him.

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                I just started reading 1901 by Robert Conroy...anyone read any of his books?

-Matt
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Забытый агрессор. Румынская оккупация Молдавии и Транснистрии (The Forgotten Agressor: The Rumanian Occupation of Moldavia and Transdniester), Aleksandr Dyukov

Comment

• Finished 1901 this morning...LOVED IT. Now reading the second of his novels, entitled 1862.

-Matt
                    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Mифы о генерале власове [Myths concerning General Vlasov], K. M. Aleksandrov

Comment

• The Asimov Chronology of the World. (Isaac Asimov)

You could say it's a lengthy one
                        "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

• The Influence of Seapower Upon History, 1660Ė1783 by Alfred Thayer Mahan
                          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• "Homicide Special: A Year with the LAPD's Elite Detective Unit" by Miles Corwin

http://www.amazon.com/Homicide-Speci...8922703&sr=8-1

Comment

• So far I really like this one.

Comment

• Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard.
                                "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X