Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes he is. He's one of my dad's favorites. He also wrote damn good horror novels too.
    Right now I'm reading The Black Echo,by Michael Connelly. Pretty good.

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
    Is Johnstone the guy who writes a couple of different series about mountain men and Indian wars? I think I've read some of his stuff.
    Spurrier got chomped in the swamp. Oh Hell Yeah!

Comment

• Just finished True Grit by Charles Portis. Recommended.

Last edited by Dogsbody67; 10 Dec 11, 11:43. Reason: spelling.
      HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Into the Silence - by Wade Davis. Account of British Mt. Everest expeditions of the twenties. excerpt below from an Amazon review. Indeed, the descriptions of the WWI characters involved in the expeditions and their experience in the war is one of the better accounts I have read.
        The epic scope takes readers from the World War I battlefields to colonial India to Everest's North Col in equal detai and description. No part of the journey receives lesser treatment.
        I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• I just began Science, Strategy and War: The Strategic Theory of John Boyd by Frans P.B. Osinga. I'm pretty excited about this one.
          ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• All by My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me by Jeff Dunham.

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• "Whatever Happened to the British Motorcycle Industry" by Bert Hopwood.
              A fascinating insight into a tale going from golden days to short sightedness, lack of investment,missed opportunities and failing to take heed of the writing on the wall.

All a great pity!

Comment

• Just finished:

The Black Dahlia by James Elroy.

Just starting:

American Tabloid by James Elroy.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Good book. Right now I'm not reading much,it was giving me a massive headache. I'm about to dig into From Sea To Shining Sea though.

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                  All by My Selves: Walter, Peanut, Achmed, and Me by Jeff Dunham.

-Matt
                  This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Guns of Independence: The Siege of Yorktown 1781 by Jerome Greene

"War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
                    -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• American Caesar by William Manchester. Second reading.

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                          Good book.
                          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Got this for Christmas from my youngster. I'm a big Holmes fan (but not of his lates film incarnation a la Guy Ritchie), and so far I have to say it is very good.
                            HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• "Stalin and the Kirov Murder" by Robert Conquest.

http://www.amazon.com/Stalin-Kirov-M...5406782&sr=8-1

Comment

• Changes in the Land: Indians, Colonists, and the Ecology of New England

by William Cronon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X