This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
    I am reading The Making Of Hitler The Birth and Rise of Nazism by Eugene Davidson...good read so far, really goes in depth about the politics of Germany after the signing of the Treaty of Versailles
    Anyone here ever read Inside the Third Reich?
    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
      Anyone here ever read Inside the Third Reich?
      About thirty years ago. Don't really remember much about it.
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I read it recently...interesting book. Speer was a good architect...I especially love the palaces and the Great Hall he designed, although it never would've been built seeing as how the ground of Berlin wasn't strong enough to support such a structure.

-Matt
        SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Just about finished with Warlord. Great read.

Attached Files

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

• Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence - Ferling, John
            "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
            -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• I had read "Ghost: Confessions of a Counterterrorism Agent" by Fred Burton in the past and really enjoyed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Confessi...9861002&sr=1-1

I've recenlty saw he came out with a new book "Chasing Shadows: A Special Agent's Lifelong Hunt to Bring a Cold War Assassin to Justice" and plan on starting to read it this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Shadow...9861099&sr=1-1

Comment

• Battle At Bull Run by William C. Davis & SOG: The Secret Wars of America's Commandos in Vietnam by John L. Plaster.
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose.

Comment

• Bill Sublette: Mountain Man

As part of my research for my final history paper I read this great book about one of my distant relatives. If you're even a bit curious about the "mountain men" and the early fur trade, this is a great read about a man who helped shape our western migration.

http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Sublette-...0190127&sr=1-1
                    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• A very good read.
                        HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Kings of the North by Elizabeth Moon.
                            "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Marshalling The Faithful

Comment

• Took this on holiday to re-read after I mentioned it to DARKPLACE. It's first class
                                ------
                                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X