Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1066: The Year of the Conquest by David Howarth.

Comment

• This is a funny book. I didn't realize we southerners was that bad.

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
      I needed a laugh. Jeff Foxworthy's No Shoes,No Shirt-No Problem!
      This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Harold Coyle's Code OF Honor
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• I finally got my hands on The River War, by Winston Churchill....Kindle version. It's a delight and has prompted me to re-read concurrently Three Empires on the Nile.
          I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• A Statue for America: The First 100 Years of the Statue of Liberty by Jonathan Harris.

In just 2 weeks, our beautiful Lady in the Harbor will turn 125. May she stand proud for another 125.

-Matt
            SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• May she continue to hold her lamp high. I love the 'Yankee Rose'

You realize this is about her-

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
              A Statue for America: The First 100 Years of the Statue of Liberty by Jonathan Harris.

In just 2 weeks, our beautiful Lady in the Harbor will turn 125. May she stand proud for another 125.

-Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                May she continue to hold her lamp high.
                Agreed!

-Matt
                SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Oath of Fealty by Elizabeth Moon.

Book one in the followup trilogy to The Deed of Paksenarrion.

Paks is one of my favorite series from back in the day. I had no idea this was out till I saw it at the local library.
                  "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I started BATAAN: The March of Death by Stanley Falk and after I finish this one I am going to read I Will Bear Witness A Diary of the Nazi Years 1942-1945 by Victor Klemperer..
                    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• I'm a little over 100 pages into "Child 44" by Tom Rob Smith. So far I'm enjoying it very much.

http://www.amazon.com/Child-44-Tom-R...8910738&sr=8-1

Comment

• Just received To Fill The Sky With Pilots which is about the Civilian Pilot Training Program.
                        “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
                        ― Groucho Marx

Comment

• I took another jaunt by our little library on the way home. I got these beauties.
                          Stonewall Heroes In Time-A Novel by John J. Dwyer
                          (right up my alley )
                          Founding Fathers-The Revolutionary Generation by Joseph J. Ellis
                          In Flanders Fields by Leon Wolff
                          Winter's Child a Judge Deborah Knott Mystery got to love those bootleggers
                          And the next book in the Mickey Haller series
                          The Fifth Witness
                          I also bought a book from the book sale
                          Thirteen Moons by Charles Frazier author of Cold Mountain
                          I got some reading material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
                            I started BATAAN: The March of Death by Stanley Falk and after I finish this one I am going to read I Will Bear Witness A Diary of the Nazi Years 1942-1945 by Victor Klemperer..
                            I finished BATAAN: The March Of Death and IMO, a book that was hard to put down once started. It brings out alot of emotions though, anger, tears, heartache etc..
                            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Trying to work my way through The Sword and the Shield and The World Was Going Our Way, both my Christopher Andrew. Fascinating books but both rather dense and not exactly easy-to-read, which makes things tough on top of all of my regular academic reading for my college classes.

I'm also planning on buying some books on the French Foreign Legion soon, and trying to learn more about the FFL. Lots of good memoirs out there.

Also trying to catch up on some back issues of Foreign Affairs...

Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                                Trying to work my way through The Sword and the Shield and The World Was Going Our Way, both my Christopher Andrew. Fascinating books but both rather dense and not exactly easy-to-read, which makes things tough on top of all of my regular academic reading for my college classes.
                                I've read both of those and they are tiny print and both books are very long. You'll learn a great deal though and I enjoyed both of them.
                                I haven't read "For the President's Eyes Only" by Christopher Andrew, but it looks very good and is on my to read list.

http://www.amazon.com/Presidents-Eye...9179318&sr=8-1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X