Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been working on five books in the last 10 years. One is finished,just editing,others I work on when the mood strikes me.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• My sister recommended "A Test of Wills" by Charles Todd about a WWI vet who works for Scotland Yard who investigates a murder. He experiences many past events of WWI and it affects his sanity. This was one of the best mysteries I've read and I really enjoyed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Test-Wills-Ins...5037950&sr=8-1

Comment

• 18th Century British jurist Sir William Blackstone’s four-volume “Commentaries on the Laws of England,” originally published between 1765 and 1769, American Bar Association Classic Series reprint, 2011.

http://www.amazon.com/Commentaries-W...xp_grid_pt_0_2

Comment

• Originally posted by RJD View Post
          18th Century British jurist Sir William Blackstone’s four-volume “Commentaries on the Laws of England,” originally published between 1765 and 1769, American Bar Association Classic Series reprint, 2011.
          Glad to see you back on ACG Bob, we missed you! (well at least I did)

Comment

• Just finished....

Mikhail Postnikov, Bronezashchita tyazhelikh tankov KV i IS 1941-1945 [Armour Defense of Heavy Tanks KV and IS 1941-1945]

Comment

• Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
              Glad to see you back on ACG Bob, we missed you! (well at least I did)
              Thanks. Glad to be back. I also missed the discussions with you and others on ACG.

Comment

• A Time for Trumpets
                It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.-George S. Patton

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• ^ Looking forward to that

Current;y finishing another reading of F.C. Selous' Travel and Adventure, but I have on order a Sir Richard Francis Burton biography.
                    Still going back to Hew Strachan's European Armies and the Conduct of War now and then too, and recently dug out this little gem;

The content is surprising; although it does deal with some of the usual Five-Rings-esque stuff, there's even Samurai texts on strategy and generalship - mostly seemingly inspired by Zhuge Liangs 'way of the general'-, and to my great surprise, Seapower Theory!
                    ------
                    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Picked up a book entitled "Yanakee Air Pirates" by a former B-52 pilot C. K. McCusker, written in collaboration with COL Robert G. Certain, USAF (Ret)

The book is a hilarious, gripping, technically and socially correct look at the Vietnam air war from the seat of a B-52 Bombardier whose 'crewdog' name was Spike. Having been on the ground myself, I have always avoided accounts or novels that looked at the war from any other perspective, despite the fact that my brother was a FAC there, before he transferred to Okinawa to fly KC-135 tankers. Yankee Air Pirates was definitely a book to open my eyes. OK, so after the mission they were back to cold beer, or more accurately, cool Black Russians and hot women. But considering the war they were fighting, I no longer begrudge them a single moment. As for those who snivel and cry about the civilians who (unfortunately) died in some of those raids, Yankee Air Pirates will give them an appreciation for exactly why even the most carefully plotted targets could end up a miss. Yes, dodging SAMs and AAA can throw bombers off specifically selected military targets. Not that they'll ever read it. But for anyone else interested in what war from a B-52 looked like during the Linebacker offensives, Yankee Air Pirates is your book. Published by Deeds Press, a small press out of Goergia. THe book has a website at www.yankeeairpirates.com
                        dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

• Comment

• The Education of Henry Adams
                            By: Henry Adams
                            Published after his death in 1918
                            "Knowledge of human nature is the beginning and end of political education."
                            Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis Ense Petit Placidam Sub Libertate Quietem

Comment

• Brute Force: Allied Strategy and Tactics in the Second World War by John Ellis per, Nick's constant enthusiastic recommendation of it.
                              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Moves along quite well and he's an engaging writer.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X