X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Selous View Post
    My Reminiscences of East Africa - by General P.E. Von Lettow-Vorbeck

That looks good.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Comment

My Reminiscences of East Africa - by General P.E. Von Lettow-Vorbeck

LEONAUR is an awesome publisher!!
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Sadly my copy is by a different publisher, but this had the best looking cover for displaying here. :/

I shall look up these Leonaur people, and see what they do.
          ------
          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Sadly my copy is by a different publisher, but this had the best looking cover for displaying here. :/

I shall look up these Leonaur people, and see what they do.
            Leonaur re publish many books that are in public domain and long out of print.They are no frills and publish the original as it was without new editing.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I have just started the newest edition of A Little Short of Boats.

“When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
              ― Groucho Marx

Comment

• "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• His Fevre Dream was excellent. I loved it. I also liked the one he did about the ghost rock singer. I looked up the title. I was drinking then,couldn't remember. The Armageddon Rag. Those were superb!

Originally posted by Greybriar View Post
                  George R. R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons.

I have waited six years for this book. I waited five years for the book in the series previous to it.
                  This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Grant and Sherman: The Friendship That Won the Civil War
                    ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I read sci-fi every now and then. Just finished Arthur C. Clarke's and Stephen Baxter's "Sunstorm" and almost finished with "Rama Revealed". I think I like his works with other authors more, as it's less technical, more emotional.
                      The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I just started reading Queen Isabella by Alison Weir..the wife of King Edward II and the lover of Roger Mortimer;.
                          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Lev Lopoukhovsky, Prokhorovka: Bez grifa sekretnosti [The tank battle of Prokhorovka Revealed]

Comment

• I stopped off at the library on the way home. Especially with my wife working nights this week,got to have something to read.

Picked up The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
                              Wanted to read it before I saw it.

Night Comes To The Cumberlands
                              A Biography of a Distressed Area by Harry M. Caudill

The Ohio Valley
                              Your Guide To America's Heartland by George and Ellen Laycock
                              (People know how I am about George Rogers Clark)

By Dawn's Early Light About the events surrounding the 1814 era of the War of 1812. By Walter Lord

Seedtime On The Cumberland a History of the Cumberland River Valley
                              By Harriette Simpson Arnow

And for laughs
                              No Shoes,No Shirt,No Problem!
                              By Jeff Foxworthy

One has to laugh sometimes
                              This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Lincoln Lawyer is an excellent book and so is The Poet by Michael Connelly..excellent writer
                                "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                                "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X