This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
    Aaaahhh, Homles. I love the originals. When I was a kid, I used to fantasize about Victorian London all the time. Those are stories I'll never tire of reading.

If you enjoy Victorian England fiction take a look at The Meaning of Night. It's a "confession" of a murder. Slow starter but the last half is hard to put down. I just finished it last night myself.

On to a book about Horatio Nelson I've had for a while just haven't gotten to it yet. I forget the exact title, though it's by Edgar Vincent I believe.
    I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
    And the second?
    Always have an escape plan.
    -Q

Comment

• Finished these:

Now reading this:

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil

Comment

• Comment

• Reading a novel by promising new ACG talent Shaun Darragh

Jean Lartéguy would have liked this one, an immersion into the heart of the mysterious central highlands of South Vietnam during the war.

Comment

• "On Infantry" by John A. English & Bruce I. Gudmundsson. I'm also reading "Mohamed" by Washington Irving.

Comment

• I have some of the original Conan Doyle books. I don't read them,they're in a case.
                This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Just got finished with this

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• 1776 by David McCullough
                    I've always tried to teach you two things 007. First, never let them see you bleed.
                    And the second?
                    Always have an escape plan.
                    -Q

Comment

• In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire; The Roman Army at War 100 BC-200 AD; How Rome Fell; all by Adrian Goldsworthy.

Sincerely,
                      M
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• Napoleons Italian Campaigns 1805 - 1815 = Frederick C Schneid.
                        An 18th century Imagi nation blog set in England/

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          In the Name of Rome: The Men Who Won the Roman Empire; The Roman Army at War 100 BC-200 AD; How Rome Fell; all by Adrian Goldsworthy.

Sincerely,
                          M
                          Good book. It wasn't what I was expecting but good nonetheless.
                          If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• My Reminiscences of East Africa - by General P.E. Von Lettow-Vorbeck

------
                            'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

• Working my way through this. I'm about a quarter of the way through and not sure if I really like it enough to recommend it to others - I'm finding the authors tone/style a little trying. Still, I hate giving up on a book once I start so I shall see it through to the end.
                              HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Maddox View Post
                                What are you currently reading?
                                George R. R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons.

I have waited six years for this book. I waited five years for the book in the series previous to it.
                                "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X