Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard great reviews about that book.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• War, by Sebastian Junger.
      You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Currently?? Field and Stream. I need a new book.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
          I've heard great reviews about that book.

-Matt
          Rightly earned. You can tell the author is a Washinton fan however he doesn't hesitate to present Washington warts and all. If you're looking for a breakdown of Washington's military campaigns look somewhere else. But if you're looking to get to know the man, again warts and all, look no further. This biography is a very good start. Ron Chernow is to be commended for bringing Washington to life.(for me anyway)
          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
            Rightly earned. You can tell the author is a Washinton fan however he doesn't hesitate to present Washington warts and all. If you're looking for a breakdown of Washington's military campaigns look somewhere else. But if you're looking to get to know the man, again warts and all, look no further. This biography is a very good start. Ron Chernow is to be commended for bringing Washington to life.(for me anyway)
            I've yet to be disappointed by a Chernow biography. I'm more partial to his business profiles but his Hamilton bio was superb. I [lan on reading his Washington bio sometime in August.
            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Mikhail Kolomnets - Tank T-34: The Beginning (1937-1940)

Comment

• Just started "Bloodlands:Europe between Hitler and Stalin" by Timothy Snyder.

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodlands-Eur...1818384&sr=8-1

Comment

• I see Skoblin has his usual light summer reading list in full swing.
                  Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                    I see Skoblin has his usual light summer reading list in full swing.
                    Very light reading

Leaving for Crete tomorrow morning for two weeks.
                    Will be bringing the following with me to read on the beach

Maksim Kolomets, T-34 Khar'kov Epic

Sergei Kirsanov, T-34 from the ground up: Part I (tracks, road wheels, running gear and hull)

Should go well with a bottle or two of Cretan wine

Comment

• I just finished "Callsign Hades". It was written by a guy from Dublin who served in Afganistan in the British Army.
                      It is very well written and very honest (maybe too honest; he shouldn't have criticised his fellow soldiers).
                      "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                      validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                      "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                        Very light reading

Leaving for Crete tomorrow morning for two weeks.
                        Will be bringing the following with me to read on the beach

Maksim Kolomets, T-34 Khar'kov Epic

Sergei Kirsanov, T-34 from the ground up: Part I (tracks, road wheels, running gear and hull)

Should go well with a bottle or two of Cretan wine
                        I'm sure the beach babes will be interested in your books.
                        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I am reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" again ( I don't know how many times I have actually read it) but it is one of my all-time favorite books.
                          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
                            I am reading "To Kill A Mockingbird" again ( I don't know how many times I have actually read it) but it is one of my all-time favorite books.
                            How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                            Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Been thinking about rereading my collection of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

-Matt
                              SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                                Been thinking about rereading my collection of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

-Matt
                                Aaaahhh, Homles. I love the originals. When I was a kid, I used to fantasize about Victorian London all the time. Those are stories I'll never tire of reading.
                                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X