Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently I am reading Brotherhood of Valor by Jeffery Wert. I just finished The Killer Angels while vacationing in Michigan.

Thanks
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

• Just finished "Panzer Aces" by Franz Kurowski, tells of "The Legendary WWII Battles of 6 German Tank Commanders". Interesting look from "the other side".

Comment

• Do you Know if barnes and nobels would have it
        Life is Expensive Bullets are cheap anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.Me
        I'm not lying I'm Just Improving the truth

Comment

• Currently I am reading two books one biography and one nonfiction. The biography is STONEWALL by Byron Farwell and the nonfiction one is A BROTHERHOOD OF VALOR by Jeffry D. Wert. Both very good books!

Thanks
          Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

• If you would like to read a good Autobiography from the Napoleonic Wars then the

Memoirs of Baron Marbot are very interesting. I am reading them online at the moment at:

http://www.napoleonic-literature.com/index.html

Go to the Electronic Books section and take it from there...
            http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfe Tone
              If you would like to read a good Autobiography from the Napoleonic Wars then the

Memoirs of Baron Marbot are very interesting. I am reading them online at the moment at:

http://www.napoleonic-literature.com/index.html

Go to the Electronic Books section and take it from there...
              Thanks Karl, awsome link.
              All warfare is based on deception.
              Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Just starting History of Warfare by John Keegan.
                http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

• Starting "Native American Hunting and Fighting Skills" by Colin F. Taylor.

Comment

• Just started reading The ghosts of Medak Pocket : the story of Canada's secret war by Carol Off.

Before that I just finished Anthony Bevor's The Fall of Berlin.
                    -----------------------------------
                    Sings we a song of wolves.
                    Who smells fear and slays the coward.
                    Sings we a song of man.
                    Who smells gold and slays his brother

Comment

• "Hitler & his Generals: Military Conferences 1942-1945"
                      by David Glantz and ??
                      Last edited by tigersqn; 31 Aug 05, 08:31.
                      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• Right now on the shelf is "Great and Glorious Days" about the Duke of Marlborough's camapign in the War of the Spanish Succession, in particular the campaigns that led to Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenaarde and Malplaquet.

Further, as a diversion booklets in the campaign series (just finished Boyne, next up: Towton, Bosworth, Vimeiro.. my total collection is approaching 45-50).

In the near future (due to studies) numerous books on the Roman army and imperial biographies. The series published by Ryton is commendable.

Comment

• "Iranian F-14 Tomcat units in combat" Tom Cooper and Farzad Bishop
                          I know I should put a witty signature here but I just can't be bothered to.....

Comment

• Just finished "To Rule the Waves" by Arthur Herman. Excellent read!! It discusses the history of the Royal Navy and the impact it had on the history of the world. It is definitely one of the best books I have ever read.
                            There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon
                              Just finished "To Rule the Waves" by Arthur Herman. Excellent read!! It discusses the history of the Royal Navy and the impact it had on the history of the world. It is definitely one of the best books I have ever read.
                              I've heard nothing but good things about this one.
                              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

• Just started Gettysburg by Stephen W Sears,With Castels of steel by Robert Massie waiting in the wings. Just finished War without hate by John Bierman and Colin Smith.which I thought was a pretty decent read about the Desert Campaign 1940-43
                                Last edited by 7thcav; 01 Sep 05, 09:31.
                                I have the rite to remain silent.....just not the ability

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X