• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished this .

Now it's this .

Then this .

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Victory at Mortain: Stopping Hitler's Panzer Counteroffensive by Mark J. Reardon
      Last edited by Lucky 6; 12 Jun 11, 04:23.
      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I'm 1/4 of the way through this:

Correlli Barnett's The Swordbearers:Supreme Command in the First World War.
        This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I'll be taking a course in Victorian lit or early Shakespeare in the fall and needed some escapism. I'm feeling a little nostalgic for my geek youth and playing D&D in the 70s. Then I found this in the library cast off bin for 25 cents.

AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
          The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• I will be reading these as soon as they arrive.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• Really good book, seriously well researched!

Comment

• War Is A Racket by General Smedley Butler

Just finished reading War Is A Racket by General Smedley D. Butler, first published 1935. Still very relevant today. Very good book.

Comment

• Jefferson Davis, American by William J. Cooper & Conquistador: Hernan Cortes, King Montezuma, and the Last Stand of the Aztecs by Buddy Levy.
                  ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• The Chief Culprit: "Viktor Suvorov"

An interesting book that I acquired some time ago but have only just got around to reading.

A newcomer to this forum, I checked the archives to see what posters had written about the work, and I see that it was comprehensively-if rather convolutedly -panned.

However in the spirit of "methinks they doth protest too much", I look forward to reading it.
                    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
                      That looks good!
                      It was ok. Certainly worth reading, though. I want to read Zuber's new book on the Schlieffen Plan to see if he credits it to Bismarck. Steinberg mentions a conversation OvB had with Waldersee in 1888 (and mentioned in Waldersee's memoirs) in which OvB suggests violating Belgian neutrality in the event of a war with France!

Comment

• I am reading "Isabella And The Strange Death Of Edward II" by Paul Doherty and so far so good...
                        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• my current reading are "the bloody road to death", sven hassel my favorite author. must find "ss general" and "marchbattalion"

Comment

• My current reads:
                            Attached Files
                            If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by kurt tank 152 View Post
                              my current reading are "the bloody road to death", sven hassel my favorite author. must find "ss general" and "marchbattalion"
                              Then you'll like this one:

http://blog.deadlycomputer.com/2010/01/20/2866/
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                                The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X