X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Italian of course.

How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
    Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
      And Scots, Welsh, Dutch, German, Danish, Norwegian and Spanish that I can immediately think of from the top of my head !

Can't actually remember England ever being ruled by an Englishman or woman .
      It makes for fascinating reading doesn't it?
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I'm currently reading, "The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell", by John Crawford.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post
          Is it a good read so far Nick??
          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Three British official papers on the Battle of Jutland, one by an academic, one by a naval officer and one by the Admiralty, all written between 1916 and 1918.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Lynne View Post
              Is it a good read so far Nick??
              So far it has been highly readable and informative. Jousting under the ground!!!!!!!!!!!
              How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
              Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Victory at Any Cost: The Genius of Viet Nam's Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap by Cecil B. Currey
                ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• I'm Reading Triumph Forsaken by Mark Moyar, it offers a refreshing view on the pre-intervention years in Vietnam, a period rarely studied by the historians:

Comment

• I am currently reading the officers club by raplh peters.
                    "When you're wounded an' left on Afghanistan's plains.
                    An' the women come out to cut up your remains,
                    Just roll to your rifle an' blow out your brains,
                    An' go to your Gawd like a soldier."
                    - Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Operation Market-Garden - Then and Now, volume 1, edited by Karel Margry for After the Battle. Amazing book, must-have for any Arnhem enthusiast

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• "Behind the Burma Road".By Peers/Brelis.the story of Detachment 101 in the CIB Theater.A good read and Very informative,Lots of maps and a few pictures.

Comment

• AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• The German 1918 Offensives: A case study in the operational level of war- David T. Zabecki
                                "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X