Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My light read. Actually re-read as this is where I left off when I read the series a few years ago.
    Attached Files
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
      How are you liking Clark's book? I very much enjoyed it and was one of my faster reads as (to me) I kept saying 'one more page'.
      It is pretty good. I imagine some of his conclusions are outdated with stuff uncovered by Glantz and others since the fall of the Soviet Union, but his prose makes for easy reading. One could sit down in a comfy chair and easily read it in a day or two.
      "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

• The Northern Wars: War, State, and Society in Northeastern Europe 1558-1721 by Frost, Robert I
        "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
        -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• I preordered Metro:2033 on Amazon, it's supposed to arrive on April 1st, so I'm super psyched.

For now, I'm reading Animal Farm for the 3rd time. I think it's a pretty cool book.

Comment

• Just finished "The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt", and though I found the diction at times tiring, written almost in 19th Century English, it was well worth the effort. Amazing how an accident of history could have place Roosevelt in the White House and allowed him to make major contributions to American life.
            dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mŕi một lưỡi gươm, Những loŕi giá áo túi cơm sá gě!

Comment

• Just finished this one

Good book, BTW.

Now reading Castles of Europe by Mrusek and Roch (no photo available)

and

In the wings

Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
              Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
              http://www.mormon.org
              http://www.sca.org
              http://www.scv.org/
              http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

• Shogun, by James Clavell. Pretty entertaining so far.

Comment

• The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Got sidetracked and read William Lind's Maneuver Warfare Handbook, and Adolf von Schell's Battle Leadership.

Lind's book not surprisingly discusses the ideas of maneuver warfare, and von Schell's book relates his experiences as a small unit commander during World War I in a vein similar to Rommel's Attacks. Von Schell wrote it while he was a visitor at the Infantry School at Benning in the early 30s.

I am still working on Clark's Barbarossa and have started Dupuy's Genius for War.
                    "When they get in trouble they send for the sonsabitches." - Admiral King

Comment

• My current reads-
                      Attached Files
                      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• God I finished Clear and Present Danger and give it full marks but man, its 688 pages!

Now I'm just starting Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy....
                        "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• I am reading "The Road To War" The origins of World War II..by Richard Overy and Andrew Wheatcroft and so far, it is a great read with alot of insight of the pre-war years.
                          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Up until now I refused to read or watch Cold Mountain cause I thought it was a romance. I refuse to read romances. My wife insisted I read this book,practically shoved it in my hands and said read this book. I now see she was right. I do like the story of Inman. I am just beginning it and it isn't half bad.
                            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• A Rumor of War by Philip Caputo.
                              "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• About 25 pages into Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy.
                                "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X