X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.N. Armstrong
    replied
    Into Robert Harris's third book of his Cicero trilogy, he continues to write clean, clear narrative with fresh analogies and metaphors. His trilogy stands with Graves's two books on Claudius. While Graves has a poetic command of the language and understanding of Roman history, Harris has keen insights to the political machinations of Romans. I lose sleep over Harris's compelling storytelling.

Leave a comment:

• VancePolk
    replied
    Just opened "The Wehrmacht's Last Stand- The German Campaigns of 1944-1945" by Robert Citino.

Leave a comment:

• VancePolk
    replied
    Originally posted by warmoviebuff View Post
    Currently listening to (I still read, but I use Audible when I'm walking) "A World Undone" by G.J. Meyer. It is about WWI. I am enjoying it. He covers all the theaters, but not in tedious detail. I especially like his "Background" chapters where he covers topics like Lawrence of Arabia.

Read this one a few years back, really enjoyed it. The "background" chapters are very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• warmoviebuff
    replied
    Currently listening to (I still read, but I use Audible when I'm walking) "A World Undone" by G.J. Meyer. It is about WWI. I am enjoying it. He covers all the theaters, but not in tedious detail. I especially like his "Background" chapters where he covers topics like Lawrence of Arabia.

Leave a comment:

• CarpeDiem
    replied

Found at a second hand bookstore. Good coverage of Fubuki, Navigatori, Fantasque, Porter and Somers, Tribal, and Narvik classes of destroyers built/designed by Japan, Italy, France, US, UK and Germany between the wars.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X