Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still reading Clear and Present Danger...it's a long book!
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Crucible of War - Fred Anderson
      "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
      -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitter3 View Post
        Crucible of War - Fred Anderson
        You don't say? I requested that from the library before Christmas, and it still hasn't arrived yet; but that's weird. Let me know your thoughts.
        ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
          You don't say? I requested that from the library before Christmas, and it still hasn't arrived yet; but that's weird. Let me know your thoughts.
          Maybe my librarian beat up your librarian

Will do. I saw other people talking about it in the American Colonial thread and I love this era so there ya go.
          "War is sorrowful, but there is one thing infinitely more horrible than the worst horrors of war, and that is the feeling that nothing is worth fighting for..."
          -- Harper's Weekly, December 31, 1864

Comment

• Hi guys ! I'm presently reading The Rise and Fall of the Lufwaffe by David Irving. Actually, it's a biography of Feldmarschall Erhard Milch who organized/created the Luftwaffe. BM
            A happy life is a happy wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bunker Man View Post
              Hi guys ! I'm presently reading The Rise and Fall of the Lufwaffe by David Irving. Actually, it's a biography of Feldmarschall Erhard Milch who organized/created the Luftwaffe. BM
              Looks rather interesting!
              "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• Panzer Commander(the memoirs of colonel Hans Von Luck) by Stephen E.Ambrose

Comment

• Originally posted by mike dunn View Post
                  Panzer Commander(the memoirs of colonel Hans Von Luck) by Stephen E.Ambrose
                  Read D-Day and Citizen Soldier?

--Hávamál

Comment

• The Twelfth Imam by Joel Cl Rosenberg and Guadalcanal-The Carrier Battles by Eric Hammel
                    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

• I just finished reading "Band of Brothers" and I really enjoyed the book.
                      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                        All right now, I am starting Band of Brothers and will let you know what I think of it...
                        Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                        I just finished reading "Band of Brothers" and I really enjoyed the book.
                        That was quick. You must have a lot more time to read than I do.
                        History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
                        _________
                        BoRG

Comment

• I don't watch too much telly but read all of the time especially late in the evening..it doesn't put me asleep but will keep me up if I am reading a good book.
                          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Adolf Hitler's ''My Struggle''. I'm on about finish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yigit View Post
                              Adolf Hitler's ''My Struggle''. I'm on about finish it.
                              I read Mein Kampf a few years ago. Worth reading if you want to study the history of Nazi Germany. However, I think it is highly biased (of course) and very heavy on nationalism. Germany was coming out beaten in a major war and its people needed to cling on anything that would elevate their nation ... in the end, at a very high cost. Mein Kampf was known as the blueprint of the Nazi Party. It is amazing that the other nations let Nazi Germany go so far.

BM
                              A happy life is a happy wife.

Comment

• I'm currently reading three books. One of them the Glenn Book I mentioned earlier. It got tedious (sorry Glenn) so I picked this one up:

which paints a somewhat rosy picture of the Old Dominion before the WBTS.

I'm also reading this one for my Byzantine book reading group:

It's exceptionally well written and highly recommended.
                                Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                                Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                                http://www.mormon.org
                                http://www.sca.org
                                http://www.scv.org/
                                http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X