X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer.

-Matt
    SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
      Ha, yes. You have no idea how many times. I was one of those few military nerds that read the book before the miniseries. Likewise with With The Old Breed, which by the way, if you haven't read, is the definitive account of the infantryman's war in the pacific, in my not so humble opinion. I remember literally not being able to put either down, barely keeping my eyes open, but I was so enthralled. At the end of Sledge's book, I really do remember thinking to myself, "How is this not a movie yet?"; little did I know.

But yes, BOB is a stunning read. I have owned a copy for as long as I can remember.
      All right now, I am starting Band of Brothers and will let you know what I think of it...
      "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
      "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• История русской литературы X — XVII вв.
        Под ред. Д. С. Лихачева

The History of Russian Literature from the 10th to 17th Centuries
        Ed. D. S. Likhachev

Comment

• current read

The Indian Mutiny by Julian Salisbury. 2007 in paperback,
          A highly detailed account, based on participants letters on both sides: the mutinous sepoys of many Bengal Army regiments and the regulars of Her Majesty's regiments, like the 60th Foot and the Bengal Horse Artillery.
          RedDagger18

Comment

• Originally posted by ordy007 View Post
            you will like the splinter cell if you liked the game other one that is a good one was ghost recon, hawx all really good choices
            Yeah they have like every Tom Clancy book there, so I'll have to revisit!

You seem new-welcome to the forums!
            "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

• My new read :

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
              Laura Hillenbrand - 2010 - 496 pages - Preview
              Tells the gripping true story of a U.S. airman who was the soul surviver when his bomber crashed into the sea during World War II and had to face thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, ...

Comment

• Sounds like an interesting book, Darth!

-Matt

Comment

• Pretty good so far. Pulls no punches on the weaknesses and failures of the British army when it deserves to be berated - recommended .
                  How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
                  Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick the Noodle View Post

Pretty good so far. Pulls no punches on the weaknesses and failures of the British army when it deserves to be berated - recommended .
                    I agree, a must have along with French's Raising Churchills Army

Regards
                    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

• Leaving aside my numerous factual books I'm currently reading, the superb novel Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes. The best book I've read about Vietnam since the seminal 13th Valley by Del Vecchio.
                      Regards
                      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

• Jump into Hell, by Franz Kurowski. He was a reporter for the German Army in WW2.
                        It's about the Fallschirmjaeger
                        "Any jacka** can tear down a barn. It takes a carpenter to build one."
                        -Sam Rayburn

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughRider97 View Post
                          Jump into Hell, by Franz Kurowski. He was a reporter for the German Army in WW2.
                          It's about the Fallschirmjaeger
                          That sounds like a good one too!

-Matt

Comment

• I have had to do some brushing up so I have been doing a little light reading

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Saigon View Post
                              I have had to do some brushing up so I have been doing a little light reading
                              Looks like a real page turner. Let me guess, the baker in the pantry with the lead pipe...I thought so.
                              ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

• Orange County Choppers: The Tale of the Teutuls by Paul Teutul, Sr. Paul Teutul, Jr., and Michael Teutul. Also got from the library today The Ride of a Lifetime: Doing Business the Orange County Choppers Way by Paul Sr..

-Matt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X