Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with Rising Tide. Moving on to All American, All the Way by Phil Nordyke. After that, City Fights edited by our Armchair writers John Antal and Bradley Gericke!
    To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
    -Werner Pluskat

Comment

• Right now I am reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardS
        Right now I am reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
        AHHHHHHH! Richard is a witch!

-Werner Pluskat

Comment

• Originally posted by C.M. Ansley
          AHHHHHHH! Richard is a witch!
          Warlock.
          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

• Originally posted by RichardS
            Warlock.
            Whatever. Just don't turn me into a frog!

-Werner Pluskat

Comment

• Okay, I'm reading lot's of books: Infantry Aces, Fighting in Hell, Siege, Confederates in the Attic, Gulag, and the new Harry Potter.....heh. I do this every couple of months: I get one good book I heard about, the another I thought would be interesting, then a recommended book....then I have to finish them one at a time!

Comment

• The newspaper. Waiting for All American, All the Way to come in the mail. Shoulda just burnt the extra three bucks to buy it in store.

-Werner Pluskat

Comment

• Working on two books

#1 Rise and Fall of teh Third Reich. Big Book
                  #2 Nazi Victory Crete 1941 by David A. Thomas
                  It's what one knows inside that makes him afraid.

Comment

• Just finish other books...

Just start reading One Soldier's Story by Bob Dole which I just got it from my friend for my B-Day.

Comment

• 'Leaders of the Lost Cause' by Gary Gallagher and some other guy...........and 'Through Blood & Fire' by Mark Nesbitt........(selected papers of JL Chamberlain.)

Mark
                      Deo Vindice
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

• Huzzah!! Just finished the last book in Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander Series. I finished the 20th book nearly a year after I started.
                        There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon
                          Huzzah!! Just finished the last book in Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander Series. I finished the 20th book nearly a year after I started.
                          Huzzah, indeed! Thought about writing an article about on the website?

-Werner Pluskat

Comment

• Originally posted by Napoleon
                            Huzzah!! Just finished the last book in Patrick O'Brian's Master and Commander Series. I finished the 20th book nearly a year after I started.
                            I have read the first five IIRC. All good if not brilliant.

What do you think is the best one?
                            http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

• Yes! An article on Patrick O'Brian would be excellent. I will put the idea forth. As for my favorite book it is almost impossible to name. If I was absolutely forced to pick one I would choose The Far Side of the World. I encourage you to keep reading through the series Wolf Tone. They just keep on getting better. Although I found his last book to be just a bit less satisfactory than the others.
                              There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

• Just finished "Parachute Infantry - An American Paratrooper's
                                Memoir of D-Day and the Fall of the Third Reich" by David Kenyon Webster. Found it a very good read. Also nice if you have seen the series "Band of Brothers"

Next will be "Black Hawk Down" by Mark Bowden. Already seen the movie and read some of his articles in the Philadelphia Enquirer, I am looking forward to this one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X