X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
    The White War by Mark Thompson
    I'm thinking about purchasing this book. Please let us know what you think of it. Thanks.
    "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

• Just finished Charlie McCarry's The Tears of Autumn--literary espionage from the Cold War.
      Leadership is the ability to rise above conventional wisdom.

Comment

• The first 5 volumes of this are next on the reading list. Why only the 1st 5? It's all I could afford for now.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

• I just finished "Glory Road" by Bruce Catton.
          It's the story of The Army of the Potomac from Bull Run thru Gettysburg.
          Of the over 200 CivilWar books I've read I'd probably put it in the top 20.
          John
          The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
          It's truly a simple concept.
          Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

• Soprotivleniye Bolshevismy 1917-1918 gg. Resistance to Bolshevism 1917-1918
            First hand accounts of resistance to the Bolshevik takeover in Russia, including the capture of the Winter Palace, the Moscow insurrection and the failed uprising in Yaroslavl.

Last edited by Skoblin; 18 Mar 10, 23:11.

Comment

• Languages for War and Peace by Mario A. Pei

Comment

• The U.S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual

The U.S. Army Stability Operations Field Manual: U.S. Army Field Manual No. 3-07

The Accidental Guerrilla: Fighting Small Wars in the Midst of a Big One.

Fiasco: the American military adventure in Iraq

The Gamble: General Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq

All this reading is for a research project for a class.

Comment

• 'Lost Battles' by Philip Sabin
                  'Douglas Haig: War Diaries and Letters' ed. G.Sheffield & J. Bourne
                  Signing out.

Comment

• Tim O'Brien's: If I Die in a Combat Zone Box Me Up and Ship Me Home

17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• Lucky Lady

I am currently reading "Lucky Lady" The World War II Heroics of the USS Santa Fe and Franklin
                      This is an excellent book, I highly recommend it written by Steve Jackson, it is a non put down, kind of a book. It will make you laugh, and then make you cry. My father, was in the Merchant Marine, from 1935 till 1945, and all the war years he served in "Harms Way" on the Seas. My respect, for the "Citizen Soldiers" in WWII knows no bounds.

Comment

• Started and completed my reading of "Pegasus Bridge" by Stephen Ambrose last Saturday

It was a short but detailed and quite interesting read for anyone interested in the British Airborne fight for the bridges on D-Day.

Comment

• Lawrence and the Arabs by Robert Graves.

Excellent. Graves of course is a brilliant writer and I feel like I am getting a real insider story about Lawrence (excuse me TE Shaw) as this bio was approved by TE himself.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/g/...-and-arabs.htm
                          I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.

Excellent book.

I'll have to read this guys other stuff. It's getting harder and harder to find good Fantasy.

"The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Just before going to bed, in order to come to rest and to clear my mind, I'm reading this one day:

And this one the other day:

Greets,
                              Stratego
                              Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

• Just finished "With Wings Like Eagles" about the Battle of Britian.....good read and changed my view of Chamberlin and pre-war British government. They did some important things right that helped prepare the country for war.

Now reading "Daring Young Men" about The Berlin Airlift.
                                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X