X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the Graveyard of Empires:America's War in Afghanistan

Tactics of the Crescent Moon: Militant Muslim Combat Methods

The Last Stand of Fox Company
    "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
    -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

• The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy
      2013 I'm going into West Point if it kills me. 2017 (or 2012 depending on West Point) I'm joining the Airborne if it kills me and it actually might.

Comment

• `
        The Making of the President - 1968 by Theodore H. White
        " Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

• Braddock’s March: How the Man Sent to Seize a Continent Changed American History by Thomas E. Crocker
          "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
            The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• The Power of Images in the Age of Augustus, by Paul Zanker:

This is a very interesting book. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to understand how Augustus used art and architcture to help further his agenda and become sole ruler of Rome. This is an interesting angle, since most of what one usually reads about the Augustan take-over is concerning all the political machinations, but this book shows that it was much more complicated than that. Excellent!
              Last edited by Legatus Augusti; 22 Jan 10, 02:45. Reason: Picture didn't load!
              Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

• I am reading The Batlle For Surigao Staits by Tony Tully. It is an excellent book describing Japanese preparations and sailing for battle aware the US submarines are hunting for them. Eventually the first air strike hits them so all hell breaks loose.
                Mr Tully has written a surprisingly fresh insight into the least known of the Leyte Battles and has povided some surpises such as Fuso did not sink in two halves, that she retained power far longer than we thought and other information.
                I would recommend this book to any serious naval scholar, escpecially about the Naval Stuggles around Leyte Gulfs, and the mind set of those men who led the forces.
                Peace is Our Profession

Comment

• Just finished The Bomber Boys....a quick read but very good. Now starting with the Vince Flynn books.
                  "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

• Just started "Blitzkrieg to Desert Storm: The Evolution of Operational Warfare"- Robert Citino.
                    "Ultimately communism is an impossible Utopian dream imposed by hypocrites who will commit mass murder to achieve absurd goals"- Trebuchet

Comment

• Borderlords by Terry C Johnston.

Historical Fiction about mountain men in the Rockies during the early 1830's. Second in a series.
                      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• Goodbye to All That - Robert Graves.

portions of Amazon.com review.....

The quintessential memoir of the generation of Englishmen who suffered in World War I is among the bitterest autobiographies ever written. Robert Graves's stripped-to-the-bone prose seethes with contempt for his class, his country, his military superiors, and the civilians who mindlessly cheered the carnage from the safety of home.
                        I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

• One Hundred Days: The Memoirs of the Falklands Battle Group Commander by Patrick Robinson and Sandy Woodward
                          "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

• Lets see...... The April 2010 issue of Military Heritage magazine, Colonization:Aftershock by Harry Turtledove and Courage Alone,The Italian Air Force 1940-1943 by Chris Dunning. I have a backlog of a coupla hundred books and magazines still Robert
                            Last edited by JCFalkenbergIII; 31 Jan 10, 19:26.
                            For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

• The February issue of Leatherneck, Tactics of the Crescent Moon, and With the Old Breed
                              "The first time those bastards encounter US Marines, I want it to be the most traumatic experience of their miserable lives."
                              -Gen. James Mattis, USMC

Psalms 144.1

Comment

• Starting a book called Caesar's Legacy. Looking forward to it!
                                Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X