Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was surprised to find out that it's Holocaust related.
    AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
    The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post

I was surprised to find out that it's Holocaust related.
      This one is still on my 'should read' list.
      Movie was quite impressive.
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• The Zulu War: A Pictorial History, by Michael Barthorp. A very good overview of all the significant events in the war, with many contemporary photographs.
        Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

• Originally posted by Legatus Augusti View Post
          The Zulu War: A Pictorial History, by Michael Barthorp. A very good overview of all the significant events in the war, with many contemporary photographs.
          I've read that one. I think I have it stashed away in a box somewhere...
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

• I had to put aside my Zulu reading, which is just for fun, in order to work on a project! Now I'm reading The Official Priests of Rome Under the Julio-Claudians, so very academic, ugh. But it is very interesting, its just a little dry!

Comment

• I have received as a Fathers day gift 'The search for the Sydney' by David L Mearns. The leader of the expedition that found the wrecks of H.M.A.S. Sydney and the German raider Kormoran. A magnificent book containing the German survivors account of the battle ( Being no survivors from the Australian ship) and fantastic under water photo's of the wrecks. I strongly recommend this book,it is worth every effort to acquire.
              Last edited by lcm1; 08 Sep 09, 00:46.
              'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
              " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

• http://ipac3.vpl.ca/ipac20/ipac.jsp?...&index=ALLTITL

Comment

• Stories of Faith and Courage from the Revolutionary War

A fantastic volume.

Consider how God "shed his grace" on the birth of our nation! Featuring inspiring accounts from America's Revolutionary War, this unique devotional highlights the lives of patriots who looked heavenward during the time of conflict. Through Revolution-era letters, diaries, and sermons, plus a Scripture verse and brief prayer, each day's selection explores a timeless theme such as loneliness, contentment, fear, and God's will.

Ms. Cook gives us a glimpse of what the Founding Fathers faced as they were forced to stand up and live loudly for the cause of freedom. By relying on the Founders' own writings, we get a glimpse into what they thought and felt as they came together to bring the United States of America into being. There are stories here from many of the better-known founders such as George Washington and Benjamin Franklin but also glimpses of the lesser-known yet equally important individuals that made up the revolution.
                  17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• John Brewer. Sinews of Power. Robert Harvey, A Few Bloody Noses. And, though its a bit of a struggle because of the small print, Volume 1 of Ezra Stiles Literary Diary.

Comment

• Currently Reading - The Myth of the Great War: How the Germans Won the Battles and How the Americans Saved the Allies

Comment

• Originally posted by lakechampainer View Post
                        Currently Reading - The Myth of the Great War: How the Germans Won the Battles and How the Americans Saved the Allies
                        Intriguing title. Your impressions if you please.
                        BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

• Voices Of The Foreign Legion by Adrian D Gilbert.

HONNEUR ET FIDÉLITÉ

"Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won." - Duke of Wellington at Waterloo.

Comment

• I just started reading The Greatest Traitor by Ian Mortimer...tis about the life of Sir Roger Mortimer...Earl of March...he was Queen Isabella's lover and helped overthrow and despose of King Edward II..
                            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by robbielynne View Post
                              I just started reading The Greatest Traitor by Ian Mortimer...tis about the life of Sir Roger Mortimer...Earl of March...he was Queen Isabella's lover and helped overthrow and despose of King Edward II..
                              Aren't Medieval noble families just fun to read about?

Mortimers,de Montforts,Warricks,Godwins,etc,etc.
                              If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                                Aren't Medieval noble families just fun to read about?

Mortimers,de Montforts,Warricks,Godwins,etc,etc.
                                For sure, those people were way worse than what you see on modern soap operas!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X