Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far a good read, I'm to chapter three. Very insightful read!
    17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• Sea of Thunder

Last night I started the highly readable "Sea of Thunder" that chronicles William Halsey, Ernest Evans, Takeo Kurita and Matome Ugaki as they fight the Pacific war that culminates at the huge battle of Leyte Gulf.
      Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

• Battle Cry of Freedom for the third time. I'm convinced there should be a required history class for all high school seniors with "Battle Cry" as the text book!!!
        The most visable part of a persons education is their parents example !

Christianity is made far too complicated by far too many denominations.
        It's truly a simple concept.
        Dont take my word for it---Read the Book of Romans!

Comment

• "The Thorns of Memory" by Peter Kemp.

Comment

• Originally posted by olivenstein View Post
            "The Thorns of Memory" by Peter Kemp.
            Peter Kemp - excellent choice, Laurent. I didn't know he had written an autobiography though....

As for myself...currently reading:
            Prokhorovka - bez grifa sehretnosti - Prokhorovka Revealed

Arkhiv VChK - The Cheka Archive

Boris Savinkov na Lubyanke - Boris Savinkov in the Lubyanka Prison

Comment

• Fusiliers: The Saga of the British Soldier in the American Revolution by Mark Urban.

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• Originally posted by HiredGoon View Post
                Fusiliers: The Saga of the British Soldier in the American Revolution by Mark Urban.

Oh, how is it? I've seen it in stores here and been tempted to get it. I think he also did a book on the 95th Rifles of Sharpe fame.

Comment

• G I Joe and Lillie

GI Joe & Lillie
                  by Joseph S. Bonsall
                  A simply told true story of love, commitment and patriotism

Joe Bonsall is a successful entertainer with more than 20 years as a member of the Oak Ridge Boys. He has also written a series of children's books about Molly the Cat. In GI Joe & Lillie, he weaves a down-to-earth tale - the true story
                  of his parents.

GI Joe, his dad, and Lillie, his mother, are presented with all their strengths and weaknesses. Neither parent comes from wealth, education or a strong family background, yet like so many of their generation, these two ordinary young people became the defenders of freedom during WWII.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geus5QJF...fv=8lQk27hPzZs
                  17thAirborneSon

"The horizon is unlimited." Major General Matthew Ridgeway

Comment

• Originally posted by -snafu- View Post
                    Oh, how is it? I've seen it in stores here and been tempted to get it. I think he also did a book on the 95th Rifles of Sharpe fame.
                    It's a well written look at the experiences of the 23rd Royal Welch Fusiliers throughout the Revolution. The 23rd serves as an example of the British soldier in general since the regt. was involved in the war from Lexington & Concord through to Yorktown. The book covers the entire war, so the author doesn't get into a lot of detail on some of the battles, but he does offer some interesting insights into the lives and experiences of the soldiers using some previously unpublished primary sources.
                    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

• I just finished reading the third book in the Eragon series, the Inheritance Cycle. The name of the book is "Brisingr".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, I think Carthage must be destroyed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Caeser by Goldsworthy
                        "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Wow, Skoblin! How hard do you find it to read Russian?

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                          Peter Kemp - excellent choice, Laurent. I didn't know he had written an autobiography though....

As for myself...currently reading:
                          Prokhorovka - bez grifa sehretnosti - Prokhorovka Revealed

Arkhiv VChK - The Cheka Archive

Boris Savinkov na Lubyanke - Boris Savinkov in the Lubyanka Prison

Comment

• Originally posted by olivenstein View Post
                            Wow, Skoblin! How hard do you find it to read Russian?
                            Mon russe s'améliore chaque jour, bien que j'aie négligé mon allemand dernièrement. Bien que, je regrette vraiment que je n'aie pas appris de français dans l'école. Malheureusement, mes parents n'ont pas considéré de placement de moi dans l'immersion française....

Comment

• Oh ! Mais tu te debrouilles archi-bien en francais , mon vieux !

Tu fais meme de beaux accords en subjonctif que , helas ! bien des quebecois ou meme des francais a demi-eduques ( pas forcement d'origine maghrebine ) ne feraient point....

Bientot tu manieras la langue francaise comme Racine , Peguy , Corneille ou Rivarol !

Originally posted by skoblin View Post
                              Mon russe s'améliore chaque jour, bien que j'aie négligé mon allemand dernièrement. Bien que, je regrette vraiment que je n'aie pas appris de français dans l'école. Malheureusement, mes parents n'ont pas considéré de placement de moi dans l'immersion française....

Comment

• Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X