Highly Recommended WWII Eastern Front Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly Recommended WWII Eastern Front Read

I'm currently reading Fighting In Hell The German Ordeal on the Eastern Front which is taken from a collection of books written by ex-Heer officers for the US Army. Despite some bias (though not much) it offers some interesting insights into the Russian Armed Forces at the time. Really they come off in a respecting tone and that was one of the problems of the German Army that they overestimated the Russians in so many ways.
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
    I'm currently reading Fighting In Hell The German Ordeal on the Eastern Front which is taken from a collection of books written by ex-Heer officers for the US Army. Despite some bias (though not much) it offers some interesting insights into the Russian Armed Forces at the time. Really they come off in a respecting tone and that was one of the problems of the German Army that they overestimated the Russians in so many ways.
    Great book...head over to the WW2 section & I posted my "must" reading list for the German Side on Wodin's thread.
    The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Originally posted by hellboy30
      Great book...head over to the WW2 section & I posted my "must" reading list for the German Side on Wodin's thread.
      I also have this book, it's a good one well worth the time to read.
      Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

I have the book just never got around to reading it.

Thanks for the reminder

Eagle is back
        Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X