Killing....By Bill O'Reily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing....By Bill O'Reily

Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy by Bill O'Reily I found them both good and infomative . Have a look if you want too.

"Killing Jesus" in the pipeline I hear. Can't...wait.
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Me too !

Comment

One would think that books like this could be integrated into school curriculum's. The history books we had in high school were, to the point boring. Of course, there wasn't as much history then
        Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

What...there's no market for Killing Garfield?

I'm currently reading Killing Lincoln as a lunch break book, and it is very entertaining. I would hesitate to call it anything more than entertainment, however. This isn't a knock on the book and I don't have any particular dislike toward O'Reilly, but I can't consider a book to be proper "history" without footnotes.

As far as I know, Bill and his ghostwriter are just making it up as they go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless View Post

What makes you think this?
            Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by Shoeless View Post
              What...there's no market for Killing Garfield?

I'm currently reading Killing Lincoln as a lunch break book, and it is very entertaining. I would hesitate to call it anything more than entertainment, however. This isn't a knock on the book and I don't have any particular dislike toward O'Reilly, but I can't consider a book to be proper "history" without footnotes.

I don't see any evadence of any ghost writer at all .

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
                What makes you think this?
                Because there aren't any footnotes for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee View Post
                  I don't see any evadence of any ghost writer at all .
                  "Upon further review", I realize that "ghostwriter" as a term doesn't really apply to O'Reilly's book, since the co-author is right on the cover. How much is Bill writing and how much is Dugard writing in Bill's tone could be up for debate, but I don't really think it's important enough to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                  X