Raider publishing New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raider publishing New York

Does anyone know of anybody who has dealings with this publisher?
    My son is autistic and against all odds and prejudice had a book published by this company raider publishing.
    They have taken his money and now wont answer his emails or advertise his book or promote it.
    My son even sent an email on a new acct saying he was another author looking for a publisher, raider publishing were all over him like a rash bombarding him with emails, when my son told them who he was and asked whx they answered this email but not his, they turned nasty and called the uk police accusing him of fraud.
    The police told my son that no laws had been broken,
    But to a young man with autism its quite scary because its stuck in his head and worrying him non stop.
    I want to take action against this company who have taken advantage of my son and need some advice on US law.
    If anyone is interested the book is a sc/fi called the field trip and its written by stephen cheshire.
    Its target audience is teenagers.

I had to get a plug in here too.

If anyone can help or point me in the direction of people who can then i would be gratefull.

I cant stand people or companies who take advantage of the disabled.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this post

... .... .. -

A long since dead topic, but I am resurrecting it in the hope that someone may have knowledge about raider publishing and the guy who runs it Adam salviani

Comment

The fact that they asked him for money should tell you everything that you need to know. Real publishers don't ask authors for money. Vanity publishers do but you should avoid them at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        The fact that they asked him for money should tell you everything that you need to know. Real publishers don't ask authors for money. Vanity publishers do but you should avoid them at all costs.

Unfortunately my son found this out at his cost, luckily it was only about 600.
        He has since found an Australian publisher to publish his book about a zombie outbreak in that country, pity it didn't affect there cricket team though.
        He has a wonderful imagination but unfortunately his written English can let him down, not very good for an author.
        He is a determined young man who has overcome great difficulty in not just having a book published, but by actually writing it in the first place.
        The new publisher is obviously aimed at the Australian market but they are not asking for any money and this time I have looked at the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
          They have taken his money and now wont answer his emails or advertise his book or promote it.
          Uh oh. Sounds like a "vanity" publisher. Money sent huh? Oh boy.

Go back and read the fine-print, verrrry carefully.

Now, who sent the money, and signed anything, you? Potential issue if so. You're his parental guardian. If by some chance he sent money to them and they accepted it etc., and perhaps w/o your knowledge and/or consent, well that's another story. You see where this is going?

Good luck.
          Youthful Exuberance Is No Match For Old Age And Treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
            . Real publishers don't ask authors for money. Vanity publishers do but you should avoid them at all costs.

Comment

Aha. Dunstable. England.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ish+solicitors

Hint hint, possibly.

Comment

Raider publishing is a New York based company and boasts worldwide offices which physically do not exist, usually a phone number redirected to the New York office, which is then redirected to a back room at the ceo's mothers house.
                My son was 24 when he signed the contract without my knowledge, however after reading it I have seen some blatant contradictions by raider publishing, unfortunately my son is not covered by uk law and cannot afford a us solicitor.
                It's a lesson in life got him and a rather upsetting one for him too.
                All I want is people to be aware of this publishing company and if possible to save people from falling into the same trap, and expose the low life scum who ripped of my autistic son.

Comment

Pay by credit card by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by queensman View Post
                    Raider publishing is a New York based company and boasts worldwide offices which physically do not exist, usually a phone number redirected to the New York office, which is then redirected to a back room at the ceo's mothers house.
                    My son was 24 when he signed the contract without my knowledge, however after reading it I have seen some blatant contradictions by raider publishing, unfortunately my son is not covered by uk law and cannot afford a us solicitor.
                    It's a lesson in life got him and a rather upsetting one for him too.
                    All I want is people to be aware of this publishing company and if possible to save people from falling into the same trap, and expose the low life scum who ripped of my autistic son.

You can possibly try raising money through crowd-sourcing .
                    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Hi

Your not alone it seems

http://www.scambook.com/company/view...-International

Regards
                      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post

Thanks for the link Andy, I will forward it on to my son.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
                          Yeah, big time. Saw that last night just before turning-in. Screwed City. Just Googling his name was most illuminating.

Comment

There is also a facebook group with people who were screwed over by them - I googled the name of the company and this Adam Salviani and a lot of stuff came up.
                            "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                            G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                            Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                              There is also a facebook group with people who were screwed over by them - I googled the name of the company and this Adam Salviani and a lot of stuff came up.

The face book page was set up by my son, I am not a fan of Facebook and didn't know he had started one until recently.
                              Thanks for looking it up though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X