What you just got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you just got?

I'd wager few of us read our latest book arrivals as soon as we get them, in fact mostly I'm re-reading a book I've had for a while or reading a book for the first time but which I've owned for perhaps a while. I've got tonnes of International Relations books left over which I don't thin I'll ever read.

Nevertheless I do intend to read today's arrival (When I've got a pause between the three or four WWI books I'm currently reading);

------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Gary Jennings Raptor.

A rather interesting, if odd, story of a hermaphrodite around the time of the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Fiction, of course (I hope).
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
      I'd wager few of us read our latest book arrivals as soon as we get them, in fact mostly I'm re-reading a book I've had for a while or reading a book for the first time but which I've owned for perhaps a while. I've got tonnes of International Relations books left over which I don't thin I'll ever read.

Nevertheless I do intend to read today's arrival (When I've got a pause between the three or four WWI books I'm currently reading);

Looks good.
      "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
        Gary Jennings Raptor.

A rather interesting, if odd, story of a hermaphrodite around the time of the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Fiction, of course (I hope).
        Definitely different lol.
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

When Mom had surgery Friday I took Lost Victories by Erich von Manstein to the hospital to read, so that's what I'm reading now.

-Matt
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
              When Mom had surgery Friday I took Lost Victories by Erich von Manstein to the hospital to read, so that's what I'm reading now.

-Matt
              I just couldn't get that one off the ground. I bought it a few years ago when I was in my German general memoir phase and he was next. Something about the his writing left me in the cold. I will probably give it another try some day.

I just started Audierne's Victory which is the story of the resistance movement in a particular part of Brittany France that I know well because my wife vacationed there all through her childhood (and we still go there as her parents live near by. It is unique for me to read about WWII and actually be able to visualize the place in my mind.

I hope your mother is well.
              John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

got Truman,jackson biography waiting,and a stephen ambrose book on the way from BAMM.i am currently reading"with the old breed" by e.b.sledge aka sledgehammer from the pacific mini series on hbo.i never read SF of any kind,unless you throw the warren comission report on jfk's murder in there cause i read it when i was 7 or 8.
                I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.
                General George Patton Jr

Comment

Not too long ago,last ones I got was at a sale. A complete 5 book set of Sherlock Holmes. One of them was Sherlock stories by other authors. My Sherlock collection now entails like 17 books total. I have one copyrighted 1920.
                  This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I just received The Collins Encyclopedia of Military History, Fourth Edition. Good stuff for an amateur like myself
                    "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"The trouble with Scotland...is that it's full of Scots!"

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
                      Not too long ago,last ones I got was at a sale. A complete 5 book set of Sherlock Holmes. One of them was Sherlock stories by other authors. My Sherlock collection now entails like 17 books total. I have one copyrighted 1920.
                      Nice! A year or so back, I read the Hound of the Baskervilles and loved it
                      "I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!"

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Originally posted by Captain General View Post
                        Looks good.
                        It looks real good in fact, rather tempting.

~Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Comment

Oh yeah,the one where he refers to Irene Adler as 'The Woman' I'm reading now. It was originally 3 parts. I believe she stole his heart,and he would never admit it.

Originally posted by Wellington95 View Post
                          Nice! A year or so back, I read the Hound of the Baskervilles and loved it
                          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Opening Chess Moves For Dummies.

I'm trying to move up a few levels against the AI.
                            What I really want is Battle Chess!

Beyond that, local railroading history by the ton.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

"Warrior Politics" by Robert D. Kaplan is outstanding.
                              "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."

-Thomas Jonathan Jackson-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X