Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name My Novel!

Hello All:

I've recently completed writing a novel and need help in selecting a punchy title. A book doctor has told me "The 1683 Siege of Vienna" sounds much too academic.

First, the intro: Brash and brilliant, twenty year old Mathis Zieglar, Professor of Languages, faces an agonizing choice: should he fight the Turks who take his family hostage and move to destroy Vienna? Or should he betray his army to save his kin? Twist of the Mainspring is an historical novel set against the 1683 siege of Vienna.

(Sub title to be: Eleven-thousand Christians Who Fought A Muslim Army of 138,000)

Do you like one of these, or do you have a better suggestion?

1. Allah’s Gathering Swarm
    2. September 12 Deliverance
    3. The Last Vienna Jihad
    4. Jihad Without Mercy
    5. Horde of Terror
    6. Vienna’s Last Stand
    7. A different idea?

Thanks!

Originally posted by zgeist7 View Post
    Hello All:

I've recently completed writing a novel and need help in selecting a punchy title. A book doctor has told me "The 1683 Siege of Vienna" sounds much too academic.

First, the intro: Brash and brilliant, twenty year old Mathis Zieglar, Professor of Languages, faces an agonizing choice: should he fight the Turks who take his family hostage and move to destroy Vienna? Or should he betray his army to save his kin? Twist of the Mainspring is an historical novel set against the 1683 siege of Vienna.

(Sub title to be: Eleven-thousand Christians Who Fought A Muslim Army of 138,000)

Do you like one of these, or do you have a better suggestion?

1. Allah’s Gathering Swarm
    2. September 12 Deliverance
    3. The Last Vienna Jihad
    4. Jihad Without Mercy
    5. Horde of Terror
    6. Vienna’s Last Stand
    7. A different idea?

Thanks!
    Suggestions: "Heads or Tails" or "The Vienna Teeterboard"

Ed.
    The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Horde of Terror sounds too Sci-Fi B-Movieish.

I like Vienna's Last Stand and September 12 Deliverance.

Congrats on writing a novel by the way

Comment

I think all those titles would turn me away. How about simply September Deliverance or Without Mercy?
        My worst jump story:
        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
        No lie.

~
        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Storm Over Vienna
          This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck on your novel. Don't like any of the titles so far. But then my own novel's title is rather obtuse.

The Gate-keeper? (Gates of Vienna, and all that)
            dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

How're your writing going Lirelou?
              ------
              'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Name My Novel

Hmmm. Well, I appreciate the feedback. This is going to be harder than I thought.

If these titles don't grab you, I'm open to hearing everyone's suggestions. So far, September 12 Deliverance seems to be getting the greatest resonance here and elsewhere ( or just plain Sept. Deliverance.)

Keep the comments/reactions coming!

Comment

zgeist, the must be some snappy comment written by one of the participants somewhere. The Turks were supposedly stopped at the gates of Vienna, so someone must have said something like. "You could hear the crack of the gates of Hell" which cold be truncated to something like "The Crack in the Gates of Hell". Perhaps your protagonist has said something both witty and appropriate? (Or even the Antagonist).

Selous, drove past the terrain in February, but still stuck on Chapter 10. Hope to get back to writing seriously after next week, when I will be shilling my novel at the Special Forces Association Reunion in North Carolina. I presently think of it as: "A Song for Kampuchea Krom" as opposed to "The Altruists". Kampuches Krom is Cambodian for "Lower Cambodia", the name of the region that is now Vietnam's Mekong Delta. (One of my major characters is a Khmer Krom, i.e. 'Ethnic Cambodian" as we called them, and the Camp in on the RVN-Cambodian border.)
                  dit: Lirelou

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Comment

Just polled my monthly writer's conference two days ago and got completely different results!

The Last Vienna Jihad got quite a few votes. I'd like to garner at least 50 responses before deciding.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X