Comic books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic books

With Avengers Assemble in the popular mind I thought I'd ask about comics, so what comic books did you read, or were popular, when you were a kid?
    I had a lot of hand-me-down Commando comics and my dad's old Dan Dare comics when I was young and also British imports or stuff I'd buy in the UK with my pocket money like the Beano, and British versions of American staples like Spiderman and Batman but these were in A4 books and usually older stories. In my teens I was able to pick up the US comics on holidays in Canada and the US
    ------
    'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

"Jeb Stuart and the Haunted Tank" and "Sgt. Rock and Easy Company". There were a few others, all WWII related, but the decades have deleted the titles from my memory banks.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then I want to go where they went when they died-Will Rogers

Comment

I read the entire Marvel line, except for Millie the Model.

Comment

X-Men of all sorts.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

When I was a kid and a teenager I really liked 2000 AD - recently had a look at some old editions and they had some great stuff.
          Last edited by Sergio; 20 May 12, 10:53.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Honestly,I'm 53,and I never read too many at all.Mostly at my age,it was Archie comics,but I never kept them. I hardly read comics at all. I preferred books.
            This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

As a kid I liked Sgt. Rock, Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos, and Richie Rich.

As a teenager I really got into Spider Man and Iron Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                When I was a kid and a teenager I really liked 2000 AD - recently had a look at some old editions and they had some great stuff.
                I remember getting a big 2000AD album or omnibus from a comic and collectables shop in Notts when I was younger. but I don't know what happened to it. Is Dredd still in the Metro?
                ------
                'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Besides Avengers. Justice League of America, Adam Strange, The Flash ( Barry Allen ) , Green Lantern ( Hal Jordon, ) Green Arrow , Fantstic Four, Ant Man, Superman, Batman, SGT. Fury and his Howling Commandos . That's all I can recall for right now .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X