Kershaw's 'The End'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw's 'The End'

Has anyone read Ian Kershaw's The End: The Defiance and Destruction of Hitler's Germany, 1944-1945? Is it worth a look?

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
    Has anyone read Ian Kershaw's The End: The Defiance and Destruction of Hitler's Germany, 1944-1945? Is it worth a look?
    I checked it out from my local library a few weeks back and read about 20 pages or so but I couldn't get into it.
    "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

I've had it for a few days now and have yet to crack it. I'm hoping to give it a try here soon. Was it just too dry, or were you just not into it?

Comment

Anybody read his bio of Hitler? I've had an eye on it for some time now.
        If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Pyle's Heroes View Post
          I've had it for a few days now and have yet to crack it. I'm hoping to give it a try here soon. Was it just too dry, or were you just not into it?
          I found his writing style dry and difficult to read.

Just my opinion though.
          "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Legate View Post
            Anybody read his bio of Hitler? I've had an eye on it for some time now.
            I've read Kershaw's 'Nemesis' and thought it was pretty good. I liked Toland's biography on him better. I agree with Captain General, Kershaw can be dry at times.

Comment

Yes , this is one of those ' hard to read ' books......... but hard to read due to the subject matter ,rather than anything else, i think.

SF.

Comment

Still plan to give it a shot. I'm constantly reading about 4 or 5 books at a time, but I'm trying to narrow that down.

Once I finish Chernow's book on George Washington, I think I'll delve into 'The End.'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X