American Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Kyle was a member of the Navy. That doesn't automatically make him a sailor.
    No, but as a SEAL, it would be safe to assume that he spent a fair amount of time at sea, or at least training for sea duty. Would that be enough to qualify him as a sailor?
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
      Chapter 2: Settin'...Waitin'. Man, it's hot today. Damn bugs.

Chapter 3: See chapter 2.

Chapter 4: Ate lunch. It wasn't very good but it sure was small.

Chapter 5: See chapter 2.
      That's how I would imagine the life of a sniper. So I'm finding it hard to visualize how he got "160 confirmed sniper kills" (and "255 claimed kills"). Guess I'll have to read the book.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post
        That's how I would imagine the life of a sniper. So I'm finding it hard to visualize how he got "160 confirmed sniper kills" (and "255 claimed kills"). Guess I'll have to read the book.

Philip
        I haven't read the book but what little I know of the man and his "persona", I have my doubts...
        "The blade itself incites to deeds of violence".

Homer

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          No, but as a SEAL, it would be safe to assume that he spent a fair amount of time at sea, or at least training for sea duty. Would that be enough to qualify him as a sailor?
          Are Marines now Sailors.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Are Marines now Sailors.
            1) Marines have their own service;

2) not all Marines spend time at sea.

As far as I'm concerned, if you wear bell-bottoms and silly hats, you're a sailor.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Kyle was a member of the Navy. That doesn't automatically make him a sailor.
              Kind of like how being in the army doesn't automatically make you a soldier? How being in the Marine Corps doesn't automatically make you a marine? How being in the Air Force doesn't automatically make you an Airman?

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                1) Marines have their own service;

2) not all Marines spend time at sea.

As far as I'm concerned, if you wear bell-bottoms and silly hats, you're a sailor.
                Nor do all members of the Navy. Just like most members of the AF never fly except in a seat of a commercial airline.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipLaos View Post

Philip
                  He got his kills mainly from two important offensive operations in Iraq - Fallujah and Ramadi. He also fought in the offensive operation against Sadr City. And as he said again and again in his book, he got extremely lucky in getting plenty of opportunities to kill a lot of insurgents.

Dan
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Are Marines now Sailors.
                    Only the officers that went to the Naval Academy.
                    John

Play La Marseillaise. Play it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X