Long Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Knife

I believe Jasson(Legate) it was you who told me to check out Long Knife. I wholeheartedly agree. Due to my illness I just finished it. It was probably one of the best books I've read,and being a George Rogers Clark addict,it rocked. I'd put this among the top 5 all time of the books I've read,and I've read thousands. You rock man. Thank you.
    This bass guitar kills TERRORISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy you enjoyed the book. I was looking at my copy recently and thought to myself that I may re read it sometime in 2012.
    GRC is deserving of more attention don'tcha think?

Reb, you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers after such turmoil in 2011. I wish you a better 2012.
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

Thanks pal. Yeah,so far,except for me,we're doing pretty good. I told my wife to go back to her job,I can handle myself. Then Tyler steps in. Seems I can't handle the kids alone,she thinks.

Comment

Yeah GRC deserves alot more recognition. That book should be made into a movie.(My 2c)

Comment

Originally posted by rebpreacher View Post
          I believe Jasson(Legate) it was you who told me to check out Long Knife. I wholeheartedly agree. Due to my illness I just finished it. It was probably one of the best books I've read,and being a George Rogers Clark addict,it rocked. I'd put this among the top 5 all time of the books I've read,and I've read thousands. You rock man. Thank you.
          I am going to have to look for that now thanks buddy .

Comment

While the subject of the novel 'Long Knife' (1994) is George Rogers Clark, the book was authored by historical novelist and former Marine, James Alexander Thom.

From the Inside Flap of LONG KNIFE:

Two centuries ago, with the support of the young Revolutionary government, George Robers Clark led a small but fierce army west from Virgina to conquer all the territory between the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers. Here is the adventure, the romance, the struggle, and the betrayal of his life. Rich in the heroic characters, meticulously researched detail and grand scale that have become James Alexander Thom's trademarks, LONG KNIFE, his first historical epic, is simply unforgettable.
            Thom, who lives and writes in Indiana, is a prolific historical novelist of the American Colonial and Western Expansion eras.

His website can be found here.

Cheers,
            Dan.
            So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Thom's book "Panther in the Sky" was the first book the I read about Tecumseh, and although a novel so much is factual that it lead to other books about him.
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I wondered what that was about. Thanks Lance.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X