Jagged Alliance 2 question from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jagged Alliance 2 question from a newbie

Forgive me for adding one more thread, I have no intention of spamming, just having a retro wargamer weekend.

I recently purchased jagged alliance 2, an old classic. I have update it to 1.12, but should I get the 1.13 update? I really don't want it harder yet, but I would like to get the higher resolution that the mod comes with. If I add 1.13 can I just get the higer resolution without the higher difficulty for now? Or should I just play with 1.12 until I get really good, and then uprgrade to 1.13 when I want more of a challenge?

Thanks again for any advice.

Originally posted by Scotters View Post
    Forgive me for adding one more thread, I have no intention of spamming, just having a retro wargamer weekend.

I recently purchased jagged alliance 2, an old classic. I have update it to 1.12, but should I get the 1.13 update? I really don't want it harder yet, but I would like to get the higher resolution that the mod comes with. If I add 1.13 can I just get the higer resolution without the higher difficulty for now? Or should I just play with 1.12 until I get really good, and then uprgrade to 1.13 when I want more of a challenge?

Thanks again for any advice.

Did you download the game from Good Old Games? I am not sure what version I have.

Ben
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

No I purchased I think from strategy first with a bunch of other games in some big sale they had a few weeks ago. Then I updated in to the most current official version which is 1.12.

1.13 is a mod that generally increases the difficulty and the resolution too.

Comment

1.13 is good

Comment

Just stumbled on this board while searching infos on another game.

Please note that default 1.13 does not make the game more difficult to play, such as improving the AI of the enemies or adding insane numbers of them. The only major improvement to the AI in 1.13 is its ability to climb roofs (applies to both enemies and militia).

In fact there are a couple of things in 1.13 that make the game more comfortable to play than Vanilla JA2:

- New LBE system allows your men to carry around more things, in particular small items like ammunition and grenades.
          - Imported cover- and LOS-display from JA2UB
          - Chance-to-Hit display not only tells you which enemy would be best to hit but also where additional aiming makes sense and where it just is a waste of AP.

And so on.

So my opinion would be that playing Vanilla JA2 is a waste of time because you would be "upgrading" to 1.13 anyways (and afterwards certainly never go back).

Playing any newer mod would require to have installed 1.13 anyways.

See for more infos: ja-galaxy-forum.com
          (as a new member I am not allowed to post full links here)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X