X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Assault - Baptism of Fire

Team Assault - Baptism of Fire

Skirmish level
    Natural scale environments, weapons and soldiers fighting in close combat action at platoon level skirmish engagements.

Area control missions
    The main game type is area control. Positions spread out on the map which players must capture to maintain control of the battlefield which leads to victory. This favour good gameplay and forces players out in the combat area. Annihilation will be optional.

Realistic combat
    Deep combat system, that booth favours realism and exciting gameplay. Weapon accuracy and penetration, covers versus weapon penetration, recoil, encumbrance and wounded soldiers are only some of the included features.

Turn-based with good flow
    Although being turn-based, a lot of effort has been put into making Team Assault flowing, never having players to waste much time waiting for things to happen. Dynamic turns, counter actions and constant feedback of what’s going on makes you constantly engaged.

Deadly
    Having a realistic base in its game system, Team Assault is deadly. Soldiers are fragile and go down fast if hit. There are no health bars, and weapons are sure as can be not harmless, so your environment, position and to a minor extent your body armour is what you have to rely on.

Tactical gameplay
    Team Assault is all about tactics. Managing your forces correctly, finding your opponent’s weakness and using the environment to your benefit is the key to success. Bold actions can reward you greatly id well executed, while a stupid moves can cost many of your soldiers’ lives.

Morale
    Managing your soldiers’ morale and damaging your opponent’s soldiers’ is crucial. Push your soldier too hard and put them in dangerous situation and they will break. Hammer your opponent’s squads with automatic fire and kill their leaders and they will break instead.

Force Builder
    Create your own custom squads using the included Force Builder. Various squad gear and upgrades provide endless customisation. Name squads after your liking to create your own favourite WWII division.

Variety
    Team Assault features an arsenal of 20 allied and axis weapons, ranging from pistols and sub-machine guns to rocket launchers and heavy machine guns, 8 different outfits, 7 combat trainings, 4 equipments, such as medic kits and demolition charges, frag and smoke grenades and ranks up to major. All to your disposal.

Multiplayer
    Fight your friends or other players online via our multiplayer server. Show off your customised forces and climb in our multiplayer ranking system. The game has a good flow, made for multiplayer, allowing you to play a full match continuously.

Map editor
    The map editor for the game is included, allowing you to create your own custom scenarios or multiplayer maps.

Man I am very interested now. A multiplayer turn-based squad game? Count me in!

It's a little confusing why this video introduces it as a Slitherine game but the official product page is on Matrix's site. I know the companies merged, but I'm not sure what they're trying to tell us.

Anyway, I agree, the game itself looks very promising. I got in contact with Matrix a couple of days ago to get a preview build ASAP, but it's not ready yet. I will be watching it closely as it develops.
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Yea I want this game now!!
      Are we there yet?

Comment

I'm working on getting a preview. So far it's not ready, but we'll be on it as soon as we can get some Beta code.
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X