Strategic Command - World War 1: The Great War 1914-1918

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KG_Jag View Post
    No one is going to "beat the crap" out of you, if you simply tell us that you are a beta tester for the game and your opinion is based on a few hours play of a pre-release version of the game.

You aren't exactly frequent poster here--so your opening this thread has the appearance of an interested party making a drive by promotion of his product. Again not a problem, if you introduce yourself and your connection with the game.
    I don't need to "introduce" myself to pass on a brief tip on a new game. Since I had no "connection" to the game why should it be necessary to say so... Jeez dude lighten up, if you don't like the way my op read then ignore it... You know the old saying about 'assume'......

Comment

Originally posted by Jestre View Post
      I don't need to "introduce" myself to pass on a brief tip on a new game. Since I had no "connection" to the game why should it be necessary to say so... Jeez dude lighten up, if you don't like the way my op read then ignore it... You know the old saying about 'assume'......
      Jeez dude, how did you get a pre-release version of the game? Maybe if you would be up front and tell us, we would not have to "assume" that you were part of the development team.
      Kampfgruppe Vice Kommandir
      http://www.kampfgruppe.us

Comment

Originally posted by KG_Jag View Post
        Jeez dude, how did you get a pre-release version of the game? Maybe if you would be up front and tell us, we would not have to "assume" that you were part of the development team.
        Everyone that preordered got the game a day or two before the official release.

If you read my post you will see " just released to pre-orders yesterday" which should have clued readers in to where I was coming from....

Comment

Hi

Inspired largely by Airboy's recent AAR of his game against the AI that was posted on the wargamer.com forum, I recently started an AAR of my own of a PBEM game I'm playing with Dan, one of our beta testers.

It's working out rather differently to Airboy's game, and if truth be told, it's certainly not my best start as the Central Powers, but I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve to bring the Entente down!

We're currently up to May 1915 with more turns being added daily, and you can read it here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community...ad.php?t=97266

Bill

Comment

Thanks, Bill.

Feel free to write those here, too

Airboy recently wrote a review of the game for us, too: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/strat...ame-review.htm
            RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Thanks, and I did like the review!

Here's one screenshot that I haven't posted on Battlefront.

This is the war map as viewed by the Central Powers in June 1915. The reason for not wanting to post it there is just in case Dan's eyes accidentally caught it, he might see the big clump of German naval units that are currently in the North Sea, heading out to cause mischief.

Comment

Heh. Understood.

Good hunting
                RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Our AAR game has now ended after a lot of fighting. I won't give away the result here but I will say that we had a great time and we'll be having a rematch very soon.

I've never done an AAR like this before, and doing so really drew me in to the game even more. Before we started I'd thought that I might only post every other turn or so, but I was having so much fun that I ended up posting far, far more than I'd planned!

If you want to jump straight to see who won, here is the link:
                  http://www.battlefront.com/community...36#post1284136

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X