Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Command

Hey guys -

I stumbled upon this site and noticed this sub-forum dedicated to turn-based strategy war games. I thought you all might be interested in my game, Elite Command. Strictly multiplayer, and usually each game is played in multiple sittings, play-by-email style. It can be kind of tough finding the right audience for a game like this, so I'd really love to hear any feedback the forum might have:

elitecommand.net

Anyways, give my game a look and let me know what you think! There is already a small group of core regulars, but things are still in the early stages and important elements like game balance are still being tweaked.

Enjoy!

Spam much?
    RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Warhammer 40K Wisdom: Heresy grows from buggy servers.

Try to learn the difference between prudence and paranoia.

Comment

Hi LongBlade -

I didn't intend this posting as spam. In fact, I saw a similar thread in this forum started by another new guy to which you yourself responded favorably, so I figured it would be okay to post about my game. It is a turn-based strategy game, and therefore, in my nave opinion, relevant to this forum. But if, for some reason, my game doesn't qualify as relevant, and it's just spam, then feel free to take down my post. I just wanted to share my hard work with the kind of people who might enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by dris View Post
        Hi LongBlade -

I didn't intend this posting as spam. In fact, I saw a similar thread in this forum started by another new guy to which you yourself responded favorably, so I figured it would be okay to post about my game. It is a turn-based strategy game, and therefore, in my nave opinion, relevant to this forum. But if, for some reason, my game doesn't qualify as relevant, and it's just spam, then feel free to take down my post. I just wanted to share my hard work with the kind of people who might enjoy it.
        Ah, OK.

Look, first post for a link to a game looks a lot like spam.

However, I welcome indy game developers. It's more a matter of style over substance.

I'll try to set some time aside and take a look at it in greater detail today.
        RPG Wisdom: There is nothing more exhilarating than having an opponent roll to hit without result.

Comment

Can you tell us more about the game? There is almost no information about it. What kinds of units are there? How do they function?

Also, I'm not clear on how the leaderboard works. You only show 20 players, and I can see from the leaderboard that there have been 216 games played. Yet on the homepage you say 270 games have been completed. I guess that includes games played in Beta?

Sorry, normally I wouldn't care, but that's the only info I can find on the game.

Comment

The leaderboard only shows the top 20 players, for now. As far as land units, you have infantry, grenadiers, rangers, snipers, mortars, artillery, humvees, tanks, and heavy tanks. There are also fighters, gunships, and bombers for air units, and frigates, destroyers, and cruisers for sea units.

Naturally, any unit has its individual strengths and weaknesses. There are some obvious counters, but I've also seen some players use their units in a way I never expected.

Like any turn-based strategy game, the goal is to dominate your opponent with superior strategy. Capturing bases is a big part of this. Bases generate credits every turn and also allow you to build new units. Once you can tip the resource balance in your favor through control of the map, it's pretty much over for the other player.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X